still dreaming about it (Yucatan diving report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Sue,

I don't know if you'll even read this post since it's been so long. I haven't visited this site in 10 months or so. I am in the process of planning my next dive trip and am very interested in going to Xcalak, so I did a search and found your dive trip post. In fact the only two posts that came up were this one and the post you wrote while you were trying to decide where to dive.

Anyway, it was great hearing about your trip. So could you tell me if it's worth the drive to go to Xcalak. How far from Cancun is it. Doc, if you read this I'd love your info too (any one else for that matter too :) ). I will probably contact you though since you are the only other person that appears to have been there.

I'm also curious as to other things to do down that way. Like the ruins along the Rio Bec route.

Thanks, Beth

Hi Beth

I've also been away of the board for a while, anyway it sure worth it to take the four hour's drive to Xcalac, mainly if you're looking into great diving and quiet surface intervals.
I would advice you to mail or phone first to assure both diving and accommodation.
I've returned to Yucatan in October, but haven't had the opportunity to go to Xcalac - unfortunately.

If you need any contact please let me know.

Cheers

Sue

I'm glad I called you back Sue. Thanks for your encouragement to go to Xcalak. I don't mind the drive. We've been all over the Yucatan except down south so we need to see it all. I'm really excited to go.

I also replied to your post on the P1 in case you haven't seen it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom