Still wanting to go out to the Carthaginian..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calscubagirl, are you doing any other diving on Maui? Be sure to post a report when you return!

Absolutely! It's hard to keep me out of the water, lol. I feel sorry for my non diving buddy going with me.

I think I got it. 20°50'56.22"N 156°40'12.58"W Thanks for your help anyway.

Mind sharing the heading you take from Puamana park when you're done? :wink:
Hey Tim... My GPS says it should be 224 degrees "true" from Puamana Beach Park (NW end of park), and is 0.57 miles away.

I suspect the "true" bit means you'll need to correct for declination -- which will put it somewhere around 214 degrees, I believe.

Kris,
I have explored the reef your talking about, it's closer to a 100 yards off the stern... big school of ta'ape & goat fish... omilu... and more! Well worth the nitrox to make it over there and back.. just take the appropriate mix, since the top of this reef is in about 110'... bottom is closer to 130'.

Besides watching the wreck 'grow up', another facet I like about diving Carthaginian is the perfect location for whale song (during whale season)... and the possibility of a swim-by! Highly recommended during whale season!

And even if a whale doesn't swim by... watching Atlantis submarine go by is super fun!

Ciao
That's right -- I remember talking to you about it now! I thought the 100' was what you had corrected me to... oops! :D

I think this might be the same reef Atlantis refers to as "North Reef" -- N20°50.878' W156°40.191'

There's also an anchor apparently at N20°50.830' W156°40.194... another 100 yds from that reef. I suspect it may be beyond recreational dive limits, though.

Looks like an interesting page Mark, but with Firefox on a Mac I don't see any sites! Also with Safari it doens't even load the map :( I'll bookmark it for when I break out the PC!

Sean

Looks like an interesting page Mark, but with Firefox on a Mac I don't see any sites! Also with Safari it doens't even load the map :( I'll bookmark it for when I break out the PC!

Sean

Sorry dude - I only have time to program for the evil empire (for free). Been meaning to fix for Firefox but haven't been motivated lately :(

Back
Top Bottom