Stingray jumps in boat injures man

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe it was one of these and the eagle ray was just looking for a mate.

220cs.jpg

I would like to know how big this eagle ray was that it had a foot long barb? It realy sucks that the media can't report anything correctly any more. The day after the earthquake here CNN was still showing headlined saying the whole island was without power.

I understand that the sting occurred when the man tried to handle the ray to get it back in the water which, of course, is much less "spectacular" than the headlines I've heard on the news.

I hope the ray species realize that I only photograph them, not fish them. Oops, decades ago I used to eat bat rays... hope the vstatute of limitations has run out on that and they are not still upset with me!

Wildcard:
I would like to know how big this eagle ray was that it had a foot long barb? It realy sucks that the media can't report anything correctly any more. The day after the earthquake here CNN was still showing headlined saying the whole island was without power.

They just showed the barb on the news, it looked to be about 3-4 inches long.

I guess the man was lucky it was just a eagle ray and not something bigger Thresher, Great White, Whale, etc......

Unfortunately the spotted eagle ray died. It wasn't too big, and this is indeed an unfortunate incident, of which rays of the world will be hunted and killed, like sharks. Tis a shame.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom