Stolen Gear (7/26/2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was only the scuba gear ... of course that was also all that was in my truck. All in all though I would rather have had them take the truck and leave the gear.
With that ammount of gear theyve gotta have planned this? Its not like you can just pocket that stuff and run off with it :eek:

That really sucks.

I have forwarded the description of your gear to my LDS and all divers I know that frequent the Austin area. Hope it turns up soon.

I am really sorry to hear that Jamie. Let me know if you need to borrow anything to get you back in the water.

Check with some of the area Pawn Shops and let them know with your list.

Wow! This sucks! I am so sorry.

You have me convinced. I have digital camera in hand and lots of free time tonight and Sunday. Pictures.

I don't know if Craig's list will let you do this but, try to post a notice on all the big city sites in Texas listing your stolen gear. If they will let you, it should deter the thief from listing the gear there. Also you might set up a specific search on Ebay for the gear. If you get multiple hits from the same seller it is a good chance that you are getting close. Did the police have any suggestions for searching for your gear? Printed out your list, and if I run into anything I will PM you.

thanks everyone for the help.

i am blitzing the pawn shops in town monday and have been checking craigslist and ebay

and unfortunately the police weren't any help at all ... the whole, a detective will call you at some point run around

Jamie
Sorry for your loss.
If you find this turd, you need to play (almost last bubble) with him, so he can feel what it is like to almost have something taken from him. I hope this is a wakeup call to lots of divers how important it is to have a quick reference description ( Pictures,video and serial #s) for law enforcement & insurance. Folks call your premiun boy for some helpful tips on what the adjuster is going to want in case something was to happen.
Lots of us watch ebay & craigslist so keep the faith brother.

Man again sorry for your loss

URG! I'm so irritated about this. I told everyone that I knew at Barstow's yesterday.
When we catch the guy who did this, Jamie, I'll punch him in the nose!

Let me suggest a slight change in tactics. Instead of alerting folks through Craiglist and Ebay, alert your friends here on the boards and elsewhere to help you watch for your stuff surfacing in places like the ones listed. To alert the dealers of used gear not to accept postings for it, it just makes the thieves go to other places to dispose of it, and that just makes the task of tracking the thieves more difficult. At pawn shops, alert the owners and specify a "finders fee" reward for information leading to the return of your gear.
In short, you don't want to drive the thieves farther underground with your things. Better to see where they pop up and then track them down. Hopes and prayers are with you on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom