Strange gear config?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK Solo Gear Head's I have a very what may seem strange question about a set of gear I saw yesterday.

A diver walked out of the water with what looked like a set of side mount tanks with redundent reg's on a very small BC of some sort that just fit the back of the diver.
a newer looking 2nd stage doubble hose that looked like a rebreather mouthpiece.

I solo but Im still learning all of the gear configuration's out their, and I'm betting Ill never learn all of them but would this style be called "minimalist"?

I'm not sure I'm getting the right picture in my head of what you saw, but it doesn't sound minimalist. A double hose reg sounds more vintage than anything else.

A double hose reg, j-valve 72, watch and depth guage, and no BC is vintage and minimalist.

A double hose reg, j-valve 72, watch and depth guage, and no BC is vintage and minimalist.

This sounds like what I saw can these be rebuilt today? I wonder were I can find a photo of this set up.

Probably a rebreather.

You have to practice somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom