Stress is finally wearing out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
That's it, I'm an OWSI!

Got 100% on physiology, environment and the tables, 11/12 in physics and equipment, 88% on standards.

Prescriptive was only 3.8, but the examiner blocked me half way through my development, was he bored?

It was 4.2 for open water (hovering and partial flood of mask) and 4.0 for confined water (regulator recovery), he said something like "4 and 5" for the five skills' circuit (mask removal and replacement, regulator recovery, hovering, regulator free-flow and removal and replacement of the weightbelt underwater), I'd have preferred to know the exact points though.

What came as a rather unpleasant surprise was that I had to redo the rescue exercise: I was so stressed because I had lost my friend's mask (later recovered) while playing assistant that I forgot half of the things I was supposed to do when my turn came.

I don't think it was much better on the second try, perhaps he simply took pity on me and passed me?

Out of 14 candidates there were just two girls (we actually started together with our AI already, we are becoming good friends).

For the five subjects there were two extra people redoing them, one passed the other not.

I was so relieved that I almost started to cry in the end, luckily girls had right of way over boys, so I was officially the second candidate to be declared certified!

The examiner was weird, very weird: 35 or so, long ponytail (to which I do not object), Dutch: on Saturday morning we found out that one of the people who had taken IDC with me had mistakenly been enrolled as Dutch-speaking, whereas he's French-speaking, so exam papers arrived in Dutch, no one was very happy about it, and the examiner made it look like it was the candidate's fault, he only calmed down when our Course Director showed him the e-mail he had sent to PADI with the correct information: was this all?

Of course not: he started harassing my fellow female friend asking her continuously why she didn't speak Dutch despite having a Flemish father: she said she had lived most of her life in English-speaking countries (and she took the exam in English), it was no good; as for me, apart from not being able to pronounce my name twice in the same way (never in the correct one) he went on adding "baby" in the end for two days in a row: oh, come on, give me a break, will you?

So that's it, unbelievable as it may seem, celebrations on their way (Wednesday at the pool and then Thailand)!

Great job!

Celebrate away - You deserve it!!

Sue

on a job well done and welcome to the world of instructing:)

Congratulations! :band:

So happy to hear that you made it...

Hope you enjoy teaching soon, I have started and almost finishing 2 students now...

P.S. your Examiner seems to be weird...

We had the coolest 2 examiners... they were really nice and professional...

Take care and see you down there one day!

I agree, the Examiner sounds pretty weird - - but no matter, you're past that.

A nice vacation dive sounds jsut the right course - you've earned it! Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom