Stupid concerns or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I disagree. Old sat divers seem to be missing a few screw in their head. I don't know if it is the sort of people that are attracted to the line of work or if there is something about the diving that slowly kills off their brain cells. The plus side is that they all seem to be blisfully ignorant to their mental capacity, so you don't need to worry about feeling stupid in your old age.

I disagree. Old sat divers seem to be missing a few screw in their head. I don't know if it is the sort of people that are attracted to the line of work or if there is something about the diving that slowly kills off their brain cells. The plus side is that they all seem to be blisfully ignorant to their mental capacity, so you don't need to worry about feeling stupid in your old age.

The only person "blissfully ignorant" appears to be you.

Thats a ridiculous generalisation.

Lots of retired Sat divers are involved in engineering projects, work as dive supervisors, involved in the evolving safety of commercial diving.

None of these activities are suited for the mentally incapacitated.

It is called an observation. If you learn to actually read, I said they seem to be missing a few screws, not that they are mentally incapacitated.

And working as a dive supervisor certainly does not disqualify you from being mentally incapacitated haha.

It is called an observation. If you learn to actually read, I said they seem to be missing a few screws, not that they are mentally incapacitated.

And working as a dive supervisor certainly does not disqualify you from being mentally incapacitated haha.

So then perhaps, you could clarify what you meant by "missing a few screws in their head"

I would also like to know what sample size you base this observation on.

Mate, I'm not going to argue with you. This is my opinion and you are entitled to yours. I've been in the industry long enough to provide an informed opinion on the issue. I'm not saying all divers end up this way but there are plenty of guys who have been doing sat a long time that aren't quite right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom