Suffered DCS for the first time and terrified to dive again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:mad: Why does my Thanks button come and go...??

You've been using it irresponsibly, Don, so it has been temporarily taken away. Note, for example, that you failed to thank my posts in this thread. :D

I think that NetDoc disables it for people with a history of TOS violations. :)

I haven't had one for months... :)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your concern and great advice. I wanted to update you on my situation. DAN has referred me to a couple of doctors familiar with dive medicine and hyperbaric chambers.

And for anyone who dives and does not have DAN insurance: JUST DO IT. So far this year, my $70 fee has saved me about $6000. Oh, and probably saved me from very serious injury or death.

I'd say that second dive was you're biggest problem. Max depth of over 80' with an ascent at the end from 45' to surface in just over a minute and no safety stop.

This was my concern seeing the profile as well. I have a feeling Ssafety stops and deep stops could have helped in this situation.

I have extras that I have not used. They are available for a good price:crafty:

Maybe you could start a thread in Site Support? :idk:
Why does your avatar make me want to spank somebody...? :confused:

Maybe you could start a thread in Site Support? :idk:

OH, LORD! Don't get that going again, for everything good and holy.:shakehead:

This was my concern seeing the profile as well. I have a feeling Ssafety stops and deep stops could have helped in this situation.

Agreed. I made 3 big mistakes on the dive:

1. Didn't dress appropriately. The abrupt ending of dive #2 at least partially contributed to being frozen.
2. Didn't establish my own surface interval. One of the divers was an eager beaver and in hindsight my dive profile was deeper and longer than his.
3. My ascent on the last dive is embarrassing. My ascent rate looks like I'm a circus clown shot from a cannon. I think that the nitrogen loading in my memory was a lot less than in reality, so I didn't consider the ascent to be a risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom