Suggestions for new dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it wasn't good news - the Cobra is dead - pressure sensor failure. But because this can be the result of water damage my DAN equipment insurance is paying $350 ($600 -$250 deductible). And Oceanic is offering 20% off with a trade in for recycling - so the dead Cobra is worth $530 towards my new Oceanic Pro Plus 3 which I hope to pick up on Saturday. Thanks to all that responded.

Sue

Well it wasn't good news - the Cobra is dead - pressure sensor failure. But because this can be the result of water damage my DAN equipment insurance is paying $350 ($600 -$250 deductible). And Oceanic is offering 20% off with a trade in for recycling - so the dead Cobra is worth $530 towards my new Oceanic Pro Plus 3 which I hope to pick up on Saturday. Thanks to all that responded.

Sue

Hi Sue
I am in exactly the same situation - getting my Uwatec repaired at the moment and feel it is time for a new dive computer. I'd be keen to hear what you ended up with. I also dive 3-4 times a day for 5-10 days straight on dive trips and don't want a Sunnto as they seem to be most conservative and guaranteed, all that beeping when diving in a group is the Sunnto.

I want a small computer this time that will actually fit on my wrist like a watch, have air integration, allow me to change the battery myself, be easy to download to laptop, show water temperature on the dive computer (my uwatec doesn't). And be easy to change between air and nitrox.

Really like the look of the meridian then I found out there's no transmitter. I could hold out til they bring one out I guess? Did you get the Oceanic Pro Plus 3? If so, what do you think?
Cheers
Bel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom