Suggestions for SD charter Mon&Tue 19-20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BraenDead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
HEllo!

I will be travelling to San Diego late this week and will have time on Monday the 19th and Tuesday the 20th for some diving. I've noticed a lot of charters don't run on Monday and Tuesday (including one place a friend suggested), so I am looking for suggestions of good charters who would be running Monday and Tuesday. I appreciate any suggestions you can provide, this will be my first time diving San Diego and I'm excited to check it out!

Thanks,

Bob

HEllo!

I will be travelling to San Diego late this week and will have time on Monday the 19th and Tuesday the 20th for some diving. I've noticed a lot of charters don't run on Monday and Tuesday (including one place a friend suggested), so I am looking for suggestions of good charters who would be running Monday and Tuesday. I appreciate any suggestions you can provide, this will be my first time diving San Diego and I'm excited to check it out!

Thanks,

Bob

The Waterhorse Charters, Lois Ann, and Marissa are all good boats. You can't go wrong with them as long as they are running on the day you are looking for.

I would stay away from DCI, "Dive Connections". See my post in http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/302873-dive-connection-san-diego-dive-report.html

The Waterhorse Charters, Lois Ann, and Marissa are all good boats. You can't go wrong with them as long as they are running on the day you are looking for.
Unfortunately, none of the recommended dive ops have scheduled outings for the 19th or 20th. It couldn't hurt to call up the Marissa and beg. :D
I'm with *mad_professor* on this one. If given the choice between diving with DCI or not diving...well...I'd have to choose not diving. (And I like diving!) Fortunately, there are some decent shore diving options. I'd recommend La Jolla Shores or La Jolla Cove. If you're up for a good work-out (and can persuade a local to take you), Scripps Canyon is excellent. Probably the best thing to do is join the Divebums.com email list-serv and make a "dive buddy wanted" post. We have a pretty friendly diving community here in San Diego. Good luck.

Thanks for the responses. I may end up trying to get some shore diving in - a couple friends recommended some places to check for that. Unfortunately, Monday and Tuesday are my only free days right now unless I can convince the wife that I need to disappear on Sunday - I'll see what I can do. Thanks again!

Bob

Ok - so I got the okay from the wife to dive Sunday as well. So now the question is, do I do the Yukon with Waterhorse or the kelp forest with Marissa? I will likely try to do some shore diving on Monday and Tuesday as well... Suggestions of which is better? I'm leaning towards kelp diving, since I haven't done that - but I do love wreck diving as well...

Bob

Bob, Both are great.... Yukon in 100' water (60' at the highest point) and the viz can be good @
20-40+' or the next day down to 5-15'..... it's an awsome dive when can get 20+ viz. The kelp is usually shallow 60'-30' and typically 30-60' viz. Again both are worth the trip IMHO. Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice, booked a trip with the Marissa to the kelp forests and plan on doing some shore diving at La Jolla Shores. Thanks!

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom