Suggestions Needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medevac1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey folks! I am taking a honeymoon this May. Most of my diving has been in the Caribbean however its normally been on family vacations. We want to plan our honeymoon around diving. What islands do you recommend for be best dives? We would love shore dives as well but not mandatory. Also, an island that has all inclusive resorts are a must. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Hey folks! I am taking a honeymoon this May. Most of my diving has been in the Caribbean however its normally been on family vacations. We want to plan our honeymoon around diving. What islands do you recommend for be best dives? We would love shore dives as well but not mandatory. Also, an island that has all inclusive resorts are a must. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Have you considered Belize. Caye caulker has various all inclusives, shore diving and is beautiful.

Cozmel would be a good choice as well. I generally dislike ocean diving (do you know what fish do in the ocean?!) but Cozumel is great diving, not too expensive, and lots of AI's to choose from.

Could also go Cayman's or Bonaire if you want shore diving, but Cozumel is still my top recommendation.

Some to look at with good diving:

Anse Chastenet on St. Lucia, Jade Mountain pricier on the hill above it - shares a dive op. I know both by reputation only.I believe there's a shore dive there. IDK if Irma or one of the other hurricanes got them last summer.

For shorediving you might consider Curacao as there's a lot of it, access is typically off a beach and the options I've listed below have both shore/boat dives on-site.

Lodge Kura Hulanda in Westpunt Curacao - about 30-40 mins from town but on one of the best shore dives on the island. Also one of the better boat operations (Go West Diving) is just a short walk down the hill. Nice view restaurant and I've been in a garden suite - pretty upscale. Not really an AI but you'll do most meals there or at a handful of local restaurants.

In town, Sunscape Resort is the AI resort where we've done SB trips in the past. Look at Lion's Dive Resort also - I think they offer meal plan options.. Some nightlife/shops you can walk to also at the Mambo Beach/Blvd. complex. Both have an Ocean Encounters facility on-site.

The Plaza Resort on Bonaire is an AI. I haven't stayed there but used and liked Toucan Divers there - they limit divers to 12 or less on their smaller boats. Also the 18 Palms dive site is just off their beach on the north end of the property. If you go, do the BBQ - I think it's Tuesday nights now.

Or the Cayman Islands? Cobalt Coast has a meal plan option and a Reef Divers operation on site. Also a good shore dive off their dock. About 10 mins. north of town. Sunset House a more modest option just south of town. Georgetown is a busy cruise port at times but nice when they sail.

On Cayman Brac is their sister facility Brac Reef Beach Resort - we did a Surge there recently you can read about here. I don't believe there's a shore dive there but there are several marked sites on Brac, Brac is a small quiet island though,

Last edited:
You may also try posting in the forums on each area for local info.

Curacao has a lot to offer for shore diving. Western end of the island is my favorite. A dozen shore diving sites in and around Westpundt close parking most have a watch man sitting under tree keeping the sneaky opportunists away. Try Cas Abou, Porto Marie, Playa Kalki, Pescadera, Playa Forti, Little Knepa, Big Knepa, Lagun, Watamula (by boat but worth it use Go West Diving) they are right on the reef 10 min ride tops. There are others which I can"t remember without my log book handy. You'll need a small car for two divers, any more divers and a double cabin pick up is a must. Plenty of places to stay and eat in the Westpundt area.

I think Bonaire would fit your bill well. The resorts are nearly all-inclusive, your evening meals can be had at the restaurants and charged to your room, or you can go out on the town. Buddy Dive includes a rental truck (should be able to drive a manual) for the shore diving, and boat dives are included.

With Bonaire, the shore diving and timing is all on you. So if you wanted to sleep in, you can, and still go diving. You can go diving at anytime and location you want. There's also some land-based activities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom