Summer Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only movie I have gotten to see so far this year is Spiderman. I loved it. Now I want to see Scooby Doo, and The Crocodile Hunter. I know, kids movies, but who cares!

I would love to see Windtalkers. (I think that is the name)

Oh, whoever mentioned Spaceballs, that movie is great! I rented it about 2 weeks ago, because my g/f had not seen it. She failed to see the humor in it that I did. *sigh* :D

seen a bunch this summer, and have a HUGE collection of DVDs at home...

loved Spiderman
Star Wars was ok, but not as good as the first 3
Minority Report was great, but one Big flaw in the story
Bourne Identity was fun to watch, but doesn't make sense
Reign of Fire was pretty good, amazing CG
Road to Perdition was SLOW, but good acting
I've seen more, but can't think of 'em all

Moulin Rouge is a good movie!
Space Balls is one of the all time greatest
Spies like us-classic Chevy Chase=classic comedy

Mike

I just saw Mr. Deeds last night. It was totally hilarious. It was worth the money. And there was a preview for another Adam Sandler movie coming out during the holidays. It's an animated movie called 8 Crazy Nights. And there's supposed to be an updated Hannakah (Don't think I spelled that right) song in the movie. Anyway that looks really funny. I will definitely have to go see that one.
-Amber

The movie is marketed as being 90 minutes long.....

If you include the trailers and the "Free" cartoon at the begninning of the movie, it hits 91 minutes, otherwise the film itself was only an hour and 18 minutes long.

Very unremarkable film as compared to the first....although seeing Lara Flynn Boyle scantily dressed was an "Upper" for me.....:D, it was otherwise not worth the $7.50/person plus drinks and 'corn.

Do not go see Mr. Deeds. Went last night and should have walked out. I usually enjoy Adam Sandler movies, but this one was bad... I will not be picking out the next movie.:boom:

I went to this expecting another "Animal House". What I saw could actually win an Oscar!

MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING

If anyone has anybody in their families who is "ethnic", you'll get it.

The movies is about a 32 year old, unmarried, plain...well sort of ugly Greek woman who works at her father's Greek restaurant. He expects her to be married already to a Nice Greek Boy and be making babies.

She just doesn't seem to fit in. In elementary school she would have moussaka while all the other little girls had bologna sandwiches. When she told them what it was they would all laugh and say "Moosecaca"

She meets a teacher from a rich (excuse me...WASP) family. He's now a vegetarian. They meet by accident in the Greek restaurant and keep running into each other.

Bottom line...he's not Greek...so dad's not happy. Somehow they even make the Greek girl look almost pretty--amazing. Reminds me of Moon Struck in a way. There is finally a humongous Greek wedding, with roast lamb on a spit and a gazillion aunts, uncles, grandparents, kids, kids, kids. Only a few people come from the grooms side and they are "subdued" to say the least.

In the end, even the rich family is getting into the UZO---OOPA!

The film was made for about 3 million dollars and has already grossed over 25 million. It was produced by Tom Hanks wife.

It's not at many theaters but it's worth it, IMHO.

It kinda leave you with the "warm fuzzies"

Try it, you'll like it!

Larry Stein

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom