Summertime in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys,

thank you so much for all the responses! You have set my mind at ease. We have spent 7 summers in Houston, and we don't stay indoors. We have a boat and spend at least 1 day a week on the lake. So as long as it doesn't get any worse than Houston, I know we will be fine.

I will definitley look into the whale shark experience. We have never done that (weren't there in season). We did the bull shark dive at Playa.

Again, many thanks. Looking forward to August.

Blue73

The kids & I did Galveston one June, and it was a nice trip - until we stopped by the Houston zoo on the way to the airport. I thought I was going to die. Coz has much nicer weather, with wind...!!

I've been there a lot in the summer. Its slower and easy. Invest in some wicking fabrics, sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and walk slow. If you stay in a place with a pool, great. If not, there's a big ocean to get into. You can hang out all day at a couple beach clubs as long as you buy drinks/food. Playa Azul north of town has a nice place to hang under the giant palapa, there's a pool there too. Go see some movies at the theater by Chedraui. Cool inside:)

Who can name the lodging shown in Prop Joe's photos on page 1?

Living in League City AND Cozumel for 22 years back and forth…I can tell you Cozumel is much less onerous in Summer. Being an island surrounded by 86 degree water it is quite difficult to get hotter than the water as long as there is any breeze.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I personally love Cozumel in the August. It's certainly hot but less crowded and cheaper. Won't be as much of a shock to those living in Texas. The Spaniards had the right idea when they brought the tradition of siesta to Mexico. :)

The water is 85-86f and there is cold beer readily available everywhere on the island.

My solution to avoid the heat is to simply dive more and drink more ice cold cerveza.

I personally love Cozumel in the August. It's certainly hot but less crowded and cheaper. Won't be as much of a shock to those living in Texas. The Spaniards had the right idea when they brought the tradition of siesta to Mexico. :)
Was the siesta imported to Mexico?

The Colonial period (1519–1821) did occur during the Little Ice Age or they might have tried harder to hold their northern territories...

2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom