Sun Nov 18th Spanish Rock's & Sugar Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miss D - How could you pass up that crumpled triangle-shaped piece of metal that they claim is barge?? :)

I thought about passing it up, but I want to get in as much diving as I can Sunday, as the first dive will be my half-century (50 dives) mark!

Look forward to seeing you, as I missed you at the last big Venice gathering (you arrived while I was underwater and I left while you were under).

See ya there!

John

Hi everybody, I am looking forward to meeting you all. I think this site is great, Thanks to scuba crab for introducing me to it. For lunch, I would like to suggest Cafe on the Beach, (it sounds fancy but it's not) it is the open air patio resturant at Holmes Beach. It's the public beach at (hwy 64) Manatee ave. They have a outdoor shower, and bathrooms to change in, lots of people in bathing suits so you won't feel out of place. They have really good food that is not too expensive (famous for their grouper sandwitch and other seafood). You can even get a beer or wine there if you want. Mr Bones is good but indoors and air conditioned for those snowbirds, I'm afraid I will need the sunshine to keep me warm and you can't beat the view at Cafe. For anyone who likes to fish, there is also a small pier there. I welcome your feed back and look forward to diving with you on sunday...Barbara

Barbara:

I looked and didn't see an introduction or welcome for you, so on behalf of the Lesser Tampa Bay Area Kayak Divers, and the Conch Divers...Welcome! Unfortunately I'm not going to be diving this weekend, but I'm sure I'll meet you in person in the near future. Enjoy Spanish Rocks it is one of my favorite shore dives in the area.

Mike

Miss D - How could you pass up that crumpled triangle-shaped piece of metal that they claim is barge?? :)

I thought about passing it up, but I want to get in as much diving as I can Sunday, as the first dive will be my half-century (50 dives) mark!

Look forward to seeing you, as I missed you at the last big Venice gathering (you arrived while I was underwater and I left while you were under).

See ya there!

John

Hey who is watching the pups? If your wife and daughter are in town, you should see if they are interested in hanging on the beach, Anna Maria is pretty. Just a thought :)

As I said, Scott and I are going to do a dive at Spanish Rocks then hang-out and wait for everyone else to finish at the Sugar Barge and get over to Spanish Rocks.

Crab - lunch okay after the second dive on Spanish Rocks whenever that happens to be?

Barbara, welcome to the board. Your going to love this place and its people. :jump:

Cool! I look forward to meeting everyone. Not sure if I make it down there by breakfast time, im coming from Clearwater. I will make it down for the dives! Does Sea Trek Divers do tank rentals or should I rent them up here and bring them with me?

Cool! I look forward to meeting everyone. Not sure if I make it down there by breakfast time, im coming from Clearwater. I will make it down for the dives! Does Sea Trek Divers do tank rentals or should I rent them up here and bring them with me?

They do rentals but I don't think they open until 10. So you might want to bring some with. By the way if I make it I will be diving solo as well so Iwill need a dive buddy. So keep your fingers crosed that I can get there. God knows I am!!!!!
Oh yeah there are SNOW FLURRIES up here in Kentucky this morning. That just ain't right.

They rent air tanks, which is all you need for these dives. I'll be wasting my nitrox just because I own my tanks and they are for Nitrox only.

They do rentals but I don't think they open until 10. So you might want to bring some with. By the way if I make it I will be diving solo as well so Iwill need a dive buddy. So keep your fingers crosed that I can get there. God knows I am!!!!!
Oh yeah there are SNOW FLURRIES up here in Kentucky this morning. That just ain't right.

Good point Git-r-Dun. Plus K - if you rent tanks at home - I believe it just makes things easier.

Git-r-Dun - you best make it or else :evil: We can do some small groups of experienced and less experienced - if everyone is keen. I am happy to dive with anyone.

Good point Git-r-Dun. Plus K - if you rent tanks at home - I believe it just makes things easier.

Git-r-Dun - you best make it or else :evil: We can do some small groups of experienced and less experienced - if everyone is keen. I am happy to dive with anyone.

Believe me I will try with all I have in me.

Hi everybody, I am looking forward to meeting you all. I think this site is great, Thanks to scuba crab for introducing me to it. For lunch, I would like to suggest Cafe on the Beach, (it sounds fancy but it's not) it is the open air patio resturant at Holmes Beach. It's the public beach at (hwy 64) Manatee ave. They have a outdoor shower, and bathrooms to change in, lots of people in bathing suits so you won't feel out of place. They have really good food that is not too expensive (famous for their grouper sandwitch and other seafood). You can even get a beer or wine there if you want. Mr Bones is good but indoors and air conditioned for those snowbirds, I'm afraid I will need the sunshine to keep me warm and you can't beat the view at Cafe. For anyone who likes to fish, there is also a small pier there. I welcome your feed back and look forward to diving with you on sunday...Barbara
Hi Barbara
Thank you for the help! Cafe on the Beach sound's great to me for lunch. I called Seatrek and they have maps to get to Spanish Rocks. I feel there will be less confusion if we tell people to stop by Seatrec for directions.
Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom