Sunday Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several people from Lakeland are plannng on coming. I have three maybes and 2 for sure.

I think we should meet at the beach area.

Walter - can we still get to the good spots from the beach?

Since I do not own a 7 mil I will probably wear 2 3 mils. Does that equal a 6??? :D

Which beach? Alhambra? public? or Sharky's?

Alhambra is the best of the 3 for consistently finding fossils.

The public beach has restrooms and showers. There's not much else to recommend it.

At Sharky's, you won't find as many fossils as at Alhambra, but more than at the public beach. It does have restrooms and showers.

A fourth possibility is the beach at Service Club Park. Parking is limited, so you need to arrive early. I've seen more megs come out of there than any place else. I've yet to find a good spot there, but I know it's a matter of time. I do know the good spots are a long swim (½ mile or so) from the beach.

Alhambra street it is! We can always shuttle to the restrooms!

Alhambra is all I know. But am always looking for new dive sites so wherever we end up is fine with me

If all goes right I'll come down on sunday too.
I'll bring extra masks so I can let the ones that lost theirs on Saturday due to the jinx can still dive. HEHEHE
I'll be wearing my 7mm suit with a hood and gloves.
now all this depends on the weather sunday too. I'll be watching the wind.
Am I invited?
Fred

Of course you are invited Fred. From one Fred to another Fred, we would feel bad if you didn't show. I have only one suggestion for everyone: Lets find a place to meet away from the beach for everyone that is new to the area, and will get lost. I have one suggestion for that, the boardwalk where Florida West Scuba is at. If there any other suggestions, please submit ASAP. I think we will have a blast Sunday. :mean:

Fred take the risk - you may have fun watching the tidal wave roll into Venice Beach! If you come make sure you bring your toys!

From the Boardwalk @ Florida West Scuba head south over the bridge turn west (right) at the second light (Venice Ave) At the 1st light (Harbor Dr.) turn South (left) at the 5th street on your right (Alhambra St.) turn west again (right) drive till you see three big red diamond signs with a Large fake MEG Tooth hanging on one.

If that is not clear enough directions you don't need to be driving....hahaha!!!!

I'm kinda busy all weekend, but I'm still going to the Scuba Quest Tent Sale in Walter's neck of the woods on Saturday!!!!!!

'cause I'm doing that plus the Gun Show near by I'll be doing honey do's most of Sunday.

Have Fun, and Dive Safe

Wildbill:cop:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom