Sunnto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have not been in salt water since last August (Exuma Chain). I took my equipment to be serviced by my local dive shop several weeks ago. Last week I went to a local pool (Max Depth 12ft.) and my depth did not register. My local dive shop stated that I was "not deep enough for the computer to register". Me thinks this a bit of bovine scatology? Any suggestions (Computer hardly a year old.)

Much Thanks,
Bob in Arkansas

Check the manual. The Cobra should enter dive mode once the depth exceeds 4 ft.
  • Make sure that the battery is not low...or just replace the battery to ensure that a lack of power is not causing the issue. Read the manual to learn how to change the battery properly. Understand that improper battery replacement is not covered under warranty.
  • Clean the water contacts and push buttons on the computer. A prolonged soak in warm water might do the trick. Using a toothbrush or pencil eraser on the water contacts and push buttons might also be helpful.
  • If the above interventions don't work, the depth sensor might be damaged. You'll have to send it back to Aqualung for servicing and/or replacement options. If the computer was purchased from an authorized Suunto dealer and you are the original owner, the 2 year warranty should still be in effect.

Hi Bob,
The Cobra should automatically activate once submerged deeper than 1.5ft of water. Bubbletrubble offers good suggestions. If it is not the battery then you are covered under warranty as long as you are the original owner and the unit was purchased from an authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. I recommend that you take it to an Aqua Lung dealer and have them give us a call.

Back
Top Bottom