Super rare Royal Mistral on ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bid on one of these last year. The advertised item even had the original box. The bidding went up at the last minute over a thousand dollars. My top bid was something like $500 for this "one of a kind" item. I got an e-mail a week later offering me a second chance. Sounded really fishy to me. This guy has an awful lot of disclaimers on his listing just like the one that I bid on.....

It's not on ebay anymore!!!

It was an ebay rules violation that caused ebay to end this auction. :huh:

The seller is a fair and honest person, so you can be assured that the auction is real and that any and all "disclaimers" are simply stated to cover the his "six" since we live in such a litigious society. Remember that we are talking about a piece of life support equipment from 1965 - 1967. Who knows who will purchase it and then try and use it (probably without any experience).

I know that he has mentioned his plans to sell this regulator for several weeks. I have sent him an email asking for an update as to its status.

Finally, yes another sold for over $500.00. In fact it was purchased by the owner of a well known "Vintage Double Hose" business and website. :D

OK, I just heard from Rob and he will be reposting the regulator on ebay (and trying not to violate any "double secret probation" listing rules). :14:

JES:
OK, I just heard from Rob and he will be reposting the regulator on ebay (and trying not to violate any "double secret probation" listing rules). :14:

I'm more than familiar with eBay rules.

Is this the relist that began yesterday? http://cgi.ebay.com/US-Divers-AQUA-...214676001QQcategoryZ16056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Looks like an entirely different critter if so.

Other than posting a picture of a Swastika, using the word Nazi or mentioning firearms... what rule could one violate?

Doesn't wash.

RoatanMan:
I'm more than familiar with eBay rules.

Is this the relist that began yesterday? http://cgi.ebay.com/US-Divers-AQUA-...214676001QQcategoryZ16056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Looks like an entirely different critter if so.

Other than posting a picture of a Swastika, using the word Nazi or mentioning firearms... what rule could one violate?

Doesn't wash.

That relisted regulator is not a U S Divers Royal Mistral nor is it the same seller. I also personally know the seller of the Royal Mistral who is a member of our world wide group of vintage equiptment divers and collectors and he would not intentionally try to mis-represent what he is selling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom