Superflex Hoses Abyss 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RandomGuy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just bought the Abyss 22 and the abyss octopus. The octopus that I got didn't come with the superflex hose, and I was wondering if it could be ordered from Mares, or if I could use the XS scuba Miflex hose and not void any warranties for my regulator.
Thanks

I replaced with Miflex, hasn't affected svc coverage.

What's Zak's view on this? *bump*

I know that separate Superflex hoses can be ordered for both the Abyss 22 and the Abyss 42.

Please take a look on this suppliers product description (just for reference): Mares Hose Superflex

I'm sure other flex-products (like Miflex) can NOT be used instead, due to the special "angled" hose protector in the regulator end. The Abyss hose protector also seems to be "integrated" with the front piece of the Abyss regulator.

Please make sure to get the right Superflex hose; the Abyss 22 is made with 1/2" connector where most newer Mares regulators, like the Abyss 42, are made with the 3/8" connector.

Best regards,
Jakob

I have checked with our service manager and adding a superflex hose will not disrupt any warranty coverage.

Best regards,

Back
Top Bottom