Suunto D9 Self Battery Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier,

I don't recall ever having the battery kit, but the battery itself has had it's description changed. Here's the link: 2450 Battery. Now the title doesn't say it's for the D9, but there is a much more detailed list of dive computers that use this battery in the description.

I must be confused though. You didn't sell the battery kit including an O-ring on your website, did you?

I must be confused though. You didn't sell the battery kit including an O-ring on your website, did you?

Nope, not that I recall. We did have the CR2450 listed with the D9 and some other computers in the title but that's all I remember seeing.... But we do have a lot of items... I may well have missed it... But I don't think I did.

Again. sorry for the confusion. I must be confused with other source.

Without finding out an exact O-ring spec or kit source. This DIY project will be like "You can't eat the rice cake in a picture!' for most DIYers. They might be able to recycle an O-ring again though. I don't recommend it.

Just my 2 bar.

Just my 2 bar...

This was fabulous, but I am sitting on the edge of my chair wanting to know where to get the o-ring. That is the remaining gate.

This was fabulous, but I am sitting on the edge of my chair wanting to know where to get the o-ring. That is the remaining gate.

Hi there! Any luck on the o-ring? I'm in the same boat you are.

Happy Diving!

Steve

Sansky, The battery has been going strong for over a year now with no problems at all. I honestly can't believe how easy it was to change, and even though the o-ring was recycled no issues. You can see the whole "how to" Here.

Thank you ... I appreciate the reply. Don't have access to a pressure pot though; could that be done at a jeweler/watch repair place? I take my Luminox to a one for battery change and pressure test; but I heard on the Suunto it has to be pressure tested in water and I don't know if when they test my watch it is in water?

I did a self change of my battery 2 months back. I've been on 6 dives and all is well. As previously mentioned, it was really simple.

Unscrew metal back. Remove old battery and put in new one. Wipe the o-ring with lint free cleaner (i used the disposable glasses wipes with alcohol). Lightly lube with silicone grease. Screw the back on.

Nothing special. No surprises. Parts don't fall out the back when you open it.

You need a case opening tool or you'll have to fashion your own. I created my own by drilling holes in 1/4" Plexiglas strip 1" wide and inserting 3/32" bolts through the holes fastened with nuts to create the "fork" you need.

Thank you ... I appreciate the reply. Don't have access to a pressure pot though; could that be done at a jeweler/watch repair place? I take my Luminox to a one for battery change and pressure test; but I heard on the Suunto it has to be pressure tested in water and I don't know if when they test my watch it is in water?

The only reason for a pressure test is to see if it leaks. When manufacturer or authorized service center perform the test and it leaks they replace it at no cost to you. If you change it yourself and it leaks, your out of a PDC since its flooded.

However, a pressure pot won't help since it uses air only. A pressure test in water chamger won't help you either because it will leak like it would on a dive and you're still out of a PDC since it flooded. The only difference between a pre-dive water test and an actual dive is that you don't have to waste a dive to find out.

Back
Top Bottom