Suunto Gekko computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also happy with mine, though I've only got about 20 dives on it, and it's the only computer I've used. It was pretty cheap and does everything that I need it to do. Only one dive was in the dark (and it was really just past sunset) and the display was easy enough to read by charging up the "backlight".

Just got back from Bonaire with one. We switched to handle the Nitrox. Worked really well. Only issue I had was when it switches to 21% O2 setting. Need to look in the manual to find out when this happens. It seemed to keep the 32% setting for a day or so and then reset. This system is much easier to use than the Flavor S I had.

Only issue I had was when it switches to 21% O2 setting. Need to look in the manual to find out when this happens. It seemed to keep the 32% setting for a day or so and then reset.

Suunto Gekko Manual:
NOTE! The computer will automatically revert to the air (21% O2) setting when a new dive series is started, if it is not set to any other mix during the last two hours. When the oxygen percentage is set for air, the computer will retain this setting.

Manually entered values for oxygen percentage are retained for about two hours after the setting if a dive series has not started. In case a dive series is started, the set value is retained until a new dive series is started or a new value is entered manually.

Suunto Gekko Manual:
Several repetitive dives are considered to belong to the same repetitive dive series when the dive computer has not counted the no-flying time to zero.
So, set it within two hours of the first dive, and for short or shallow dives, you may need to set it each morning, too, if you had a long overnight surface interval. (The Gekko uses a "computed" no-fly time, so it can easily be less than 24 hours. I believe the minimum is 12 hours, and it adds no-fly time based on the dives.)

Its a really good entry level nitrox compatable non air integrated computer. I bought one for my brother for Christmas a year ago, he's a new diver who mostly rents all his gear, its worked great for him. All he packs for dive gear is mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit (he kite boards so he has a bunch) and the computer. He rents BC, analog console, and reg. He's been very happy with it.

Different computers have different defaults for surface intervals between mixed gas dives. The solution for anything other than straight air dives is to personally analyze your gas before each dive and manually assure that that your computer is set to that mix before each and every dive.

My wifes dive computer was damaged in the middle of the week on our Bonaire trip a couple weeks ago, I replaced it with a new Sunnto Gekko I purchased right on the island so she could keep diving safely. We both really like the Gekko. I am considering getting a second Gekko for myself.

I bought mine after one of my dive buddies got one and recommended it. It's a great recreational computer, but he just got back from a tech diving course, and it's not a good computer for decompression or tech diving. If you're going to go that route, consider another computer.

got on i like it enough not to switch to anything elese and its a good price

I own the Gekko and love it, it's the best for the buck. Air or Nitrox and easy to read. Having the ability to pc interface was something I also wanted with a new dive computer and the Gekko, although not advertised, does work nicely with my PC. All you need is the USB cord that connects to the Gekko, the Suunto Dive Manager software and a tricky software program to make the Gekko work as the Suunto Viper in order to utilize the Dive Manager software-dive log program. I did it and I love it..and the money I saved. Oh, I found the cord & software on ebay.

Smartinterface - Ihr Webshop für Tauchzubehör cord and software

Suunto - Downloadable Software - Suunto Dive Manager (SDM) - Software Suunto download

ScubaPhillip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom