Suunto Mosquito vs Mares Nemo Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe one of your LDS's has the Aeris Manta? This unit is very similar to the Oceanic Geo. I have used it several times and have never had any problems with it.

They are the same save some minor cosmtic differences aeris is a family company of oceanic...these have good reviews...

I owned a mosquito worked well for a year or two then died...for the price not that happy...many of these have been sold so as many love them as hate them...

If I were to buy this style again in this price range Id go wth the manta or Geo added bonus you can change the battery yourself...

for a few more dollars, quite a few, Id go a Suunto Stinger(stinger same as mosquito but in a metal case with glass face but you cant change the battery your self, for some reason they dont seem to have the reliability problems experienced by many with the Mosquito) or cressi-sub Edy...

For what its worth the geo and manta are apparently more liberal than the more conservative Suuntos and Cressi, although on an NDL OW rec dive it probably doesnt make much difference...

Check out this forum there is heaps and heaps of info on wrist computers youll find any and every answer you want...:wink:

Goodluck

Why don't you wait and see what the Suunto D4 is like? It's replacing the Mosquito anyway.

Why don't you wait and see what the Suunto D4 is like? It's replacing the Mosquito anyway.

Its gonna be a little more expensive than the mosquito, but it has a glass face and needs to be returned to a dealer for battery change which IMO is a PITA...if that makes any difference...looks nice tho

I've been using a Suunto Mosquito and Mares M2 (both RGBM) for several years and have had no issues with either. Both have user-replaceable batteries. Although the face on the Mosi is smaller than the M2, both are readable at depth, easy to understand and program. Yes, both are conservative but following their guidance ensures another day of safe diving.

Its gonna be a little more expensive than the mosquito, but it has a glass face and needs to be returned to a dealer for battery change which IMO is a PITA...if that makes any difference...looks nice tho

OK so you have to send it back to Suunto to get the battery replaced and repressurized. Big deal. Tell me, do you dive year round? If not, what do you do with your gear during winter time where your at? Do you dive that time? If you ask me that's the perfect time to get your gear serviced.

I personally prefer it that way than doing yourself. The company's got it, they check it and if their is a malfunction, guess what they will fix it on the spot.

Got the D6 for 2 years and guess what still works like a champ................and yes, I do send it during the "down season" to get it serviced......................................... and I live in Okinawa, Japan. Two weeks later back on my wrist.

OK so you have to send it back to Suunto to get the battery replaced and repressurized. Big deal. Tell me, do you dive year round? If not, what do you do with your gear during winter time where your at? Do you dive that time? If you ask me that's the perfect time to get your gear serviced.

I personally prefer it that way than doing yourself. The company's got it, they check it and if their is a malfunction, guess what they will fix it on the spot.

Got the D6 for 2 years and guess what still works like a champ................and yes, I do send it during the "down season" to get it serviced......................................... and I live in Okinawa, Japan. Two weeks later back on my wrist.

Chotto matte, Settle down dude...youll note I said "IMO its a PITA" and I think it is, yes I dive all year round and several times a year i travel to dive so not only is it more conveniant but its also much simpler, cheaper and faster for me to do it myself, youve got to be dumber than a chimp not to be able to do it, undo the back, replace the battery clean and slightly lube the O ring, replace the cover all done, Ive never had a problem. as far as checking it goes it either works or it doesnt, I dont need a "prof" to tell me it is working ok or not, I simply look at it, winter time? too cold for ya? and yes I dive all year round so if somethings up I tend to notice.:eyebrow: Is that where Okinawa is? Japan? thanks for the geography lesson:wink: gambatte...

Chotto matte, Settle down dude...youll note I said "IMO its a PITA" and I think it is, yes I dive all year round and several times a year i travel to dive so not only is it more conveniant but its also much simpler, cheaper and faster for me to do it myself, youve got to be dumber than a chimp not to be able to do it, undo the back, replace the battery clean and slightly lube the O ring, replace the cover all done, Ive never had a problem. as far as checking it goes it either works or it doesnt, I dont need a "prof" to tell me it is working ok or not, I simply look at it, winter time? too cold for ya? and yes I dive all year round so if somethings up I tend to notice.:eyebrow: Is that where Okinawa is? Japan? thanks for the geography lesson:wink: gambatte...

Reviewing this thread, first of all I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to fella that was looking for a dive computer. Second, I to dive year round (weather permitting) and no the water isn't too cold for me (half-Okinawan).

Reviewing this thread, first of all I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to fella that was looking for a dive computer. Second, I to dive year round (weather permitting) and no the water isn't too cold for me (half-Okinawan).

Too funny:rofl3: check out post #15...sorry I must have been mistaken, did you quote someone else?...
Its all good...Im going diving right now...see ya

Hi. Looking to buy my 1st dive computer and my LDS has a good deal on the Suunto Mosquito and the Mares Nemo Sport. Any suggestions on which one is better? Buying the fancier ones like the Suunto D6, D9, etc... is not an option financially.

go with the suunto i got a nemo s[port it hard to use and not user friendl[y i got a mosquito also its great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom