Suunto Spyder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasaif

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

My friend gave me this computer saying all I need to do is get a new battery. Is it worth the effort of getting this computer a new battery or should I just get a suunto zoop or other cheap computer?

thanks for the opinions.

free is always a good price but it is a very basic computer you may want to upgrade especially if you dive a lot of nitrox. But looks similar to my old mosquito it also appears to be air only.

I would check what the cost of a new battery is before making a decision.

There was a time when the spyder could be updated to a stinger, might be worth contacting Suunto to see if that's still an option. Either way, they chew through batteries like mad. I have two I don't use anymore because I can't change the battery myself. It's a nice watch though.

Thanks all for the reply. Have not even found a place that can actually do battery change here in Riyadh. Might be easier to just get a cheap air/nitrox computer like the zoop.

Hi,

My friend gave me this computer saying all I need to do is get a new battery. Is it worth the effort of getting this computer a new battery or should I just get a suunto zoop or other cheap computer?

thanks for the opinions.

It takes 5 mins and £5 to change the battery and, imo, very worthwhile. First time you do it you will need to buy a special wrench but these are readily available on ebay - the Spyder or Stinger are thesame in this respect. Spyder doesn't do nitrox whereas Stinger does.

And, if you don't want it, you could ship it to me. :) I have one, and I bought one of the kits mentioned by Tezok.

What I am looking for now is the software for interfacing with a computer. I will start a thread for that, I believe.

Hi Scubasaif: The Suunto Spyder is identical to the Suunto Stinger (one of which it´s been my computer for the past 8 years) except that it does not do Nitrox. We can change the Spyder battery, install new O ring (critical) and waterproof it to 160 feet for $ 50, plus shipping to Fort Lauderdale, FL. Check our website: www.divewatchdoctor.com

There might be concerns with customs, going to/from Saudi Arabia, DWD.

Back
Top Bottom