Suunto Vyper 2 battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasully

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know where I can order a battery for my Suunto Vyper 2 wrist computer?

I want to keep one in my save-a-dive kit.

Thanks!:D

best place i have found for Suunto battery kits, (battery, new cover, and tool) has been on ebay.

In a pinch, if you can't or don't want to use the kit, the Vyper 2 manual says it's a standard CR2450 lithium watch battery, available at just about any decent electronics or hardware store. You might also want to search a bit further in this forum: I have this very vague memory of a discussion a while back about some brands fitting better than others, possibly because of manufacturer's tolerances within the IEC spec for CR2450s.

This is good information. I didn't realize there was even a kit I needed, and I also didn't know I could get just the battery at a hardware store. Do I need the new back? Does it sometimes get damaged during removal or something and need replacement?

One more thing - I just checked on ebay, and are the kits for the console computer the same as the kits for the wrist computer? Or are they diff kits?

Batteries, o-rings are are the same for both wrist and console. If you remove it carefully, the cover will last thru many changes. I have used Duracell, and Rayovac batteries with good results, and I currently have a Radio Shack battery in my Vyper. Over 200 dives since the change with no problems. IMO a 2450 is a 2450.

havent had to change my computer battery yet, but on my Suunto Observer watch i was able to keep the back for the 3rd battery, after that i need to change it out. I found that the slot used to open that back was striping out and wasnt sure id get it open the next if i didnt replace it. I looked but couldnt find the battery type, glad some one else was able to.

See? This is why I love SB? Where else in interior Alaska am I going to find someone else who dives a Suunto? Surely divers with Suunto computers live up here, but I haven't run into any!

Thanks, everyone.

I'm going to be in Utila, so if my battery goes, I'm sure someone at the LDS will be happy to help me change it, and just having the spare batteries will suffice and give me the piece of mind I need. I have under but near 100 dives on this computer (original battery), and I'm not sure when it will go, but I want to be prepared for that day!

I had ~480 dives on my Vyper when it dropped one bar and I changed the battery. It probably had quite a few dives left, but since batteries are so cheap, I changed it. One of our Gekkos (same battery setup as Vyper) has over 600 dives on the original battery.

Excellent to know! When I bought it, the woman at the shop said the battery would last 100 dives or 18 months. It's been over 18 months and I'm coming up on 100 dives, so I guess I've got nothing to worry about. But it's good to have something in the save-a-dive kit just in case!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom