Suunto Vyper Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colo

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Suunto Vyper. I am planing a dive vacation. Will my computer lock out if my surface time between my last dive and flying is about 21 hours? If is does lock me out how long will I be locked out?

Thanks

from 12 to 24 hours.
the Suunto will not lock out.
you, maybe.

as usual, read the user guide, page 78 and 79, 2011 november edition.

Hi--just trying to follow along here. Why would it lock you out if your surface time between your last dive and your no fly time is 21 hours? Thanks for explaining. :)

From What I read in the manual, if you use it in gauge mode or plan mode, it may go into error mode but I think that would only happen if you flew less than 12 hours after your dive. It shouldn't even do that. but at most you would be looking at 24 hours error mode. I could be wrong but Thats how I undertsood it

Thanks everyone fore your help. That was my interpretation as well but I was nervous because it went into multiple days of diving no fly time is 24 hours.

from 12 to 24 hours.
the Suunto will not lock out.
you, maybe.

as usual, read the user guide, page 78 and 79, 2011 november edition.

The computer won't lock if you does not respect no-fly time, but I suggest you to avoid decompression or any heavy nitrogen load during the last day - usually, liveaboard, keep the last day shallower and often with less dives if not at all.
For your safety, avoid to lock the computer yourself with misbehaviour before the last day: according to the manual, in such case, the no-fly interval is 48 hours

Have a nice trip.

Almost all of the dives are shallow over the two days. There will be on 30 to 35 meter dive, but that is the first dive on the first day. everything else is 20 to 13 meters. All of my deeper dives are on the next island, whIch I will have olenty of surface time for.

Thanks everyone fore your help. That was my interpretation as well but I was nervous because it went into multiple days of diving no fly time is 24 hours.

What was your answer to the OW test question, I wonder.

Hi--just trying to follow along here. Why would it lock you out if your surface time between your last dive and your no fly time is 21 hours? Thanks for explaining. :)

It wouldn't. You can get on the plane straight out of the water and it will still happily show 24 hours of no-fly time when cabin pressure drops and your joints start hurting (or as @DuboisP put it "you maybe will lock out").
HTH

Back
Top Bottom