swimming with a Great White

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heh, no worries, fella, just thought everyone would like to know who it was, etc.

Andre does freedive with GWS as well, but Mike seems to have taken over the mantle somewhat as the one always seen on TV. And it is indeed awesome to see.

His website is: www.sharkdivingunlimited.com

Cheers

Mark

redrover:

I did wonder, what might be the point of the spear gun? Like a bear, bash it on the nose? What was the smaller item the diver carried in the second half? First I wondered if it was a bang stick but then later it looked thinner, maybe a knife? A shark seemed to bite at something, was it chum on a line?
I noticed the bands were not cocked on the gun. I believe he had it as a shark billy to fend it off if needed. I had also noticed the small ice pick looking item in his hand. Not sure but I think it might have been a Farallon Shark Dart. Like a hypodermic needle it injects a blast of CO2 into a shark and screws up the shark for good.

Mahalo!
Hey that second photo....that's a keeper!

Spectrum, you were blessed. I loved to see them in Cook Inlet – and to see that little guy so close, ahhhhh. Thanks for the photos. Hey, that's Poco - your avitar!

redrover:
A shark seemed to bite at something, was it chum on a line?

That was bait, large chunks of flesh on a rope. I don't think they just happened on these guys. You're right, they were chumming.

spectrum:
We settled for a beluga, pretty cool.
http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/poco.html

Pete

Wow, wow. That is so special. Reading it reminded me of how dolphins can be sometimes and how manataees are often - wanting of attention.

I was out with the manatees quite recently. Those guys, especially one in particular, demanded attention. I thought my arms were going to fall off at one point, trying to meet the demands of this manatee that was enjoying my rubbing its belly. :)

Back
Top Bottom