T3 counseling needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still feeling the regret of not getting DIN. If I start diving local and get my own tanks I guess that will force me to invest in a dedicated DIN setup. Hopefully that will be the case.

No reason to regret, you can always get it when needed. Enjoy what you have now :)

How did you get an ST1 octo? I could not find one. My only options were Z2, B2, M1 or Ti2. I thought about the M1, but I went with the B2 because of the swivel. The shop guys said the swivel might make the octo more streamlined in holding closer to the body.

I bought a second ST1 Second stage and changed hose. No problem. It doesn't have special color or anything but I didn't want special colors anyways.

Also have you had any Cobalt issues with firmware updates? I am on v1.13/2.

I don't have the Cobalt. Hopefully somebody else here does can can help you.

Departing on Turks and Caicos Explorer 2 June 1.

Awesome!!! You REALLY should be nitrox certified and use Nitrox there. Considering that the average depth there where you get to see the coral and marine life is around 50' and the fact that you will be on a liveaboard doing more than 2 dives a day, you will be need Nitrox as to avoid your computer going into deco after the morning dives after the second day of the trip.

I plan on doing the nitrox course. I will admit the depth intimidates me. My only significant dive experience was in Australia last fall, and I think the average depth there was 40-50 ft. My deep dive course was at 90 ft, but that was only once.
Looking forward to putting my Atomic gear to work.

If the Cobalt works, I'd leave it alone. I own one now that my wife uses and had one of my own before switching to a Petrel, and while they're excellent computers, a lot of people have reported the firmware update process isn't very reliable. I've never had a problem, but I don't think a week before you leave is the time to mess with it. Nothing you need is in the current firmware - just make sure the date/time are set correctly before you start diving, and you'll be good to do.

I took a chance. I updated my Cobalt to v1.41 without any problems using Windows 7. The update definitely takes longer than the one minute the software prompt says it will take.

Back
Top Bottom