Table Rock/Branson things to do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cummings66

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of dropping by this weekend for some diving, but I feel a bit guilty since my wife and 2 1/2 year old do not dive, nor swim.

We don't care for Country Music, nor the shows and Silver Dollar City can only offer so much. Most of the rides I've seen are too big for my daughter so the question becomes one of;

What can they do to have fun while I'm out diving. Right now they just play in the shallow end of the pool going over the swimming exercises they were taught, although neither can swim. My wife Judy is close, my daughter Elizabeth just likes the water and says when she gets bigger she's going in the deep end like Daddy. Notice I said in, not off... :wink:

I'd like to find something they could do, I know Elizabeth likes to swing at our local park but I didn't see anything like that around there, just some tubes to crawl through. What else is there that would be fun for a 2.5 year old girl?

Considering how long a typical dive is it's not that bad if they spend the morning getting up and playing in the pool, but the afternoon then needs something to do for us as a group. I hope you get my drift, I'd just like to find something fun and easy to get to from the Table Rock Inn where I normally stay now.

I find that there are plenty of things to do in Branson. While you are out diving, your wife and daughter could go to some of the shops in Branson. At the Grand Palace, there is a "village" set up with some GREAT christmas shops. There is also Tanger Outlet Mall and another one with a red roof with a ton of kitchen shops. I also enjoy White Water, the water park in Branson. There are 2 separate children's play areas that I'm sure your wife wouldn't mind just laying out. There is also a lazy river. Other fun activities in Branson include going to see Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. I hate country music, but this show was Spectacular!!!!!! It is $45/ ticket (not sure on kid's prices), but you get a HUGE meal, pre-show, pre-dinner non-alcholic drink and the actual show, so it's well worth it to me. Also, if you happen to find yourself in Springfield one night, there is the Dickerson Park Zoo (small admission fee) and the Bass Pro Shops with lots of live animals (turtles, ducks, fish). If you happen to be in town from July 29- August 7, we are having our annual Ozark Empire Fair at the Fairgrounds right off HWY 44. My only other suggestion is to go down to the lake and do some fishing. Hopefully I've given you lots of ideas and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to PM me!

P.S. When and where are you going diving? Me and my fiance have been waiting to put our new skills to the test. We got certified with Scuba Sports and are looking for them to take us out on a boat one weekend.

Beth

bethysms:
P.S. When and where are you going diving? Me and my fiance have been waiting to put our new skills to the test. We got certified with Scuba Sports and are looking for them to take us out on a boat one weekend.

Beth

I thinking of going out Sunday morning, they have nobody yet booked for the boat so at this point I'd be the only one. Scuba-Sports is whom I've been thinking of going with, they have a good rep and seem friendly enough. They'll take just one person as well so it's not a bad deal.

Tonight after work the wife and I will make reservations at Table Rock Inn, got to call them after 5 PM to do that. I had forgot about some of what you posted and it seems like Springfield which isn't terribly far away will have some things to do.

I'll post back after I call them up and book my dive. Congrats by the way on your certs, it's a fun thing. I dived at Dewey Point for my open water, nice area IMO.

cummings66:
Tonight after work the wife and I will make reservations at Table Rock Inn, got to call them after 5 PM to do that.

What are some other motels that are friendly to divers and don't cost an arm and a leg? Tablerock Inn is full this weekend.

cummings66:
What are some other motels that are friendly to divers and don't cost an arm and a leg? Tablerock Inn is full this weekend.

Fall Creek Inn 1-800-393-0474
Parkview Lodge 1-888-727-5883

Also, you can ride the Ducks, do bumper boats, drive go-karts, take the tour through the Talking Cavern near Kimberling City, tour the dam and the fish hatchery, visit the Butterfly World, etc., etc.

Just keep your placemat when you eat breakfast at the Table Rock Inn--it has a map with all the attractions on it.

Have fun,
theskull

If you call Fall Creek Inn tell them you are diving and they will get you on the ground floor around back if possible and allow you a late check out on Sunday if you ask.

cummings66:
I thinking of going out Sunday morning, they have nobody yet booked for the boat so at this point I'd be the only one. Scuba-Sports is whom I've been thinking of going with, they have a good rep and seem friendly enough. They'll take just one person as well so it's not a bad deal.

Awww, I really wish I could go...unfortunatly David (my fiance) is working all day. We both have kind of hectic schedules until school starts up, not to mention we have $0 until our financial aid comes in. Man, I can't wait to get out of college!

Thanks anyway!

Well, there's always next time. I got my room at Parkview Lodge and booked a dive with Scuba Sports so I'm set to go, now I've just got the 5 hour drive there.

College is fun and then it's not if you know what I mean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom