Tahiti freaks - check this out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very slick site!

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the Scubasafaris site had that level of detail for all your destinations?!

Not a criticism Jim, but just imagine what a "killer" site that would be! 360 Virtual tours of all the liveaboards and resorts etc...

I wonder how long it will be before we can enjoy virtual dive site images. Now THAT will be interesting!

Yes, it is nice isn't it, though it needs a little bit of work on it - the dive site information is somewhat lacking - just the names and locations of the sites, and nothing else.

I was as interested in the resort as the web site, actually - it is very nice, and I've just got 2003 contract rates for it that make it look pretty attractively priced, by the standards of may places in FP. Apparantly Huahine is a totally unspoilt island. Next time....!

Yes, I would love to have that sort of detail on my site! But alas, with so many distinations and so much to add in for each destination it would be hard work and an expensive & lengthy process. I am not even sure how you do those 360 degree thingies. Do you?

I still have sooooo much work to do on my web site to improve it still further. I am in the process of completely re-doing the text for Tahiti, in light of my recent visit, and I have images to add to a few destinations that still don't have them up there yet. I'll have 60 ot 70 to add for Tahiti alone. I only have old Video 8 (ahhh, those were the days!) footage from Truk, so have to wait until next May to add in still images for there. My slide collection is a damn mess, and it will remain that way until my new office has been built. They start work in 2 weeks time - yipeee!

Virtual dive sites would be easy... you just watch the video!

Hasta lasagne
Jim

Just been to the French section of the site and they have the dive site info....

Utilised the the Google.com Translation Service and come up with this:

Teapaa:
Diving in Lagoon. Characteristics of the site: one plunges in the medium of high corals in the mushroom shape. They shelter sand valleys where gray rays leopards and rays are met. Coloured Murenes and fish are the final key of this site where water is very clear.

Pass Avapeihi:
Rays leopard, barracudas, carangues, gray sharks, tuna with teeth of dog "One of the most beautiful divings of the islands Under-The-Wind, Lonely Planet"

Pass Tiare:
Napoléons, tortoises, gray sharks, with this diving is added a snorkling on the funds with the pearl-bearing farm with Huahine and an explanation with the culture with the pearl.

Pass Farerea :
Napoléons, tortoises, passage of pelagic fish, large varieties of small fish on a reef rich in corals.

Falling from Parea :
Plunged to lagoon, One finds on this falling from the clownfishes, murenes, the platax and the rays leopard.

Fa' has Miti :
Divings ocean. Sand ways surround of the sets of corals, one evolves/moves gently on these divings which offer very beautiful overall pictures. Murenes, let us napoléons, sharks points white, sharks points black, gray sharks. The site is very coloured, the plungers are followed multitudes of accustomed fish.

I am particularly fond of thr literal translation "tuna with teeth of dog" and "sharks points white, sharks points black", but I am not sure what "let us Napoleons" are!!!!

Jim

the names that some of our friends across the Channel have. to them they souond fine, to us they're great.

For instance, the chef at Relais Mahana is called Michel Prat.

The guy who own Hemisphere Sub, the dive operation on Raiatea is called Hubert Clot.

Classic!

David D once bubbled...
Prat and Clot indeed !!!

Thanks for ending my day with a good laugh!!!:D

Funny? Must be an English thing. :rolleyes: :D

Marc (a Canadian expat who's Irish grandmother met a Frenchman in Mass and really does love British comedy) :jester:

But NO Franck at the dive center!!!!!! I dont know if I could manage without him!!!!!

"American breakfast + touristic menu for dinner"......DO they serve Om E Let ????

It seems the google translator needs some fine tuning !

Just some quick points:

"tortoises" of course should read turtles
"Murenes" are Morays
"Carangues" I believe are Trevallies

Any tropical "plungers" (google translator word for divers) should be able to figure out the rest. BTW, in French it only reads Napoleons, nothing close to "let us Napoleons".

Salut !:)

Back
Top Bottom