Taking bacon to Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering the penalties for bring something as innocent as fruit into the US (I guess they're worried about bugs), I'd declare any food/etc. you bring in to any foreign country. Spending the rest of my days in some hole because I offended the custom's guy or broke a law I didn't know about, isn't at the top of my "to do" list.

Terry

Fortunately, for all their faults, the Egyptians have a great deal more common sense than the immigration officials in America/Australia/Great Britain/Insert Name of Other Spectacularly Paranoid Nation Here

Seriously, the likelihood of getting stopped here for bringing in bacon is about as likely as catching swine flu from the said import.

My flatmate just took delivery of a big old packet of sliced Danish rindless loveliness, so if you'll excuse me, a bacon and egg sandwich with three whole arteries worth of clogging grease, ketchup and good old brown sauce in on the cards. I must leave my keyboard before my excess saliva short-circuits something important.

I must remember to get my tongue surgically extracted from my cheek. :D

Cheers,

C.

P.S. if anybody spies a decent english pork pie in the neighbourhood there's a case of sakara in it for you! :mooner:

Update.... The bacon smuggling expedition was a great success although the said bag got opened at Cairo but he stopped at the deoderant saying 150mil was over the 100 mil limit, yeah right, he did offer to sell me it back but I thought his needs were greater than mine so off it went in his collection bin.

Update.... The bacon smuggling expedition was a great success although the said bag got opened at Cairo but he stopped at the deoderant saying 150mil was over the 100 mil limit, yeah right, he did offer to sell me it back but I thought his needs were greater than mine so off it went in his collection bin.
Not to seem... Predjudiced or anything, but it often smells like they need that deo more than me anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom