Taking my teenager..SOS with hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since my last posts, my daughter is now bringing a friend, so that takes the diving out, since the freind does not dive, so we thought about snorkeling, parasailing, maybe do the snuba..we are gonna rent mopeds possibly, dolphin swim and maybe the Isle de Pasion...any thoughts on the Playa Azul..she has scoured the web looking at resorts, I liked the Fiesta becuase it seem liked it had a little of everything and not so far out of town and very close to the reefs..thanks for all the suggestions

At FA, and others for that matter, you could still dive and be back by lunch time if you go with a fast boat operator. Your daughter and her friend could sleep late and/or hang out by the pool in the morning (or snorkel), have lunch with you, and then you could do the other stuff you mentioned together.

If you can get to the east side, the beaches are great. We sometimes rent a jeep for one day and do that.

I lot of people have said to snorkle down the money bar and left the drift carry them back up to the FA..on the smaller faster boats, can I still dive, even though I don't have a dive buddy..

I lot of people have said to snorkle down the money bar and left the drift carry them back up to the FA..on the smaller faster boats, can I still dive, even though I don't have a dive buddy..

You won't have any trouble getting a buddy in Coz. If nothing else, you will be with the divemaster. I've seen it many, many times. Don't let that stop you!

Hotel Barracuda--- the girls will love the music and party atmosphere during the day! The crew from the cruise ships hang around the pool bar till about 4pm then it's quiet. Bar owner lets the 20 something kids blow off steam but does keep control. free wifi, tv,ac,mini fridge. walk to everything.

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana 3 times and enjoyed it very much. You can buy the room only or the all-inclusive package. If you don't want the all-inclusive package I would suggest that you stay within walking distance to town. If you stay at a resort away from town and don't eat there it will cost a fortune for the taxi's to get into town. Also, any drinks you buy at the resort (sodas, smoothies, or alcoholic beverages will run up a big tab). We have found that the all-inclusive package offers the best value and the free drinks alone will pay for the package. After diving we would sit under a palapa and have fruit smoothies (alcohol free or with alcohol) brought to us all afternoon. The breakfasts are great and the lunches are good. Even if you go into town to eat dinner at local restaurants a few nights, I believe that it will be cheaper than paying a la carte at the resort.

Our first trip to Cozumel was our family's first dive trip. Myself and my three kids all were new divers and wanted a dive op that would provide personalized service and was very safety conscious. We used a local op, Luis Cabannas, and he was fantastic. He started us on very easy dives and then, based on how we performed, took us to more difficult sites later in the week. He and his assistant, Linda, were great, and knew where to find the critters on the reef. Here is his web site: http://cozumel-diving.net/luis/. We have used him four times and never regretted our decision.

If you want additional suggestions on where to stay, I would suggest that you look on trip advisor. This is a great site for getting reviews of the resorts on the island: Here is the link to reviews of resorts on Cozumel Cozumel Hotels: Read Cozumel Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor.

If you have any questions, email me at jamescrew6@verizon.net

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom