Talcum Powder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use astroglide for the suit for the same reason as rigdiver. Easy on the suit, doesn't gum up anything like Talc will (especially here in the humid south) and it's just neater and cleaner all around.

You can get asbestos free talc at drug stores.

N

Unless you work in an asbestos mine or where high quantities of asbestos might be found, I would not worry about it. The low quantity that would be found in talc powder wouldn't scare me. I dive in an asbestos quarry btw. It's been exagerated a bit for the public in general. Not that the risk for mines workers is not there. My grandfather died of cancer related with asbestos. He worked in an asbestos mine in a city named Asbestos.

btw, I dont use talc with my drysuit, never did since i bought it 5 years ago ans. I use occasionnaly some seal saver.

Seal Saver is silicone, and can make it difficult to attach new seals when the time comes. In fact, DUI specifically recommends against using Seal Saver, for that very reason.

Since I replace my own seals and have never had any problems with new seals adhering to the suit (given that the preparation is done correctly), for me I'd say that DUI might be wrong on that one. For others, it's probably best to not attempt this and send your suit back to DUI to have your seals replaced and do not use seal saver. :wink:

I'll second the KY for getting into and out of the seals. Also, putting down a tube of KY, some brass clips, Duct tape, and rope at the same time and smiling at the cashier can be lots of fun.

Kinky :lotsalove:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom