Talicud Island (Davao, PI) Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In hopes of moving this conversation in a more appealing direction... While diving in front of Isla Reta resort on Talicud this Sunday a baby whale shark passed over our heads. Looked like a bangka going by till we saw the tail moving.

In hopes of moving this conversation in a more appealing direction... While diving in front of Isla Reta resort on Talicud this Sunday a baby whale shark passed over our heads. Looked like a bangka going by till we saw the tail moving.

aw maaaan! lucky lucky!

Sounds like our hammerhead experience at Maningning....look up to see why it got dark then realize a whole bunch of hammerhead are schooling overhead....wooHoo....

Sounds like our hammerhead experience at Maningning....look up to see why it got dark then realize a whole bunch of hammerhead are schooling overhead....wooHoo....

rubbing salt on an open wound. boohooo.

here...

1866742363_13e19f7852.jpg
That looks like an awesome bangka. Is it a slow chugger or can it go fast?

It happened lasy year in May.....funny thing though, we were told by the marine bioogists that the reason they showed up further south than normal was because of the bad water conditions in Boracay. I am not sure but it seems that we are getting more pelagics in our area than ever before. I can't remember if I told you guys about our weird encounter with the spotted dolphins....that was freaky. It is good for us but seems strange.

Wow! :)

Actually, I have heard and read a lot of good things about the Davao Gulf and wanted to do more dives.

Really need to make a dedicated dive trip to Davao next time. :)

It happened lasy year in May.....funny thing though, we were told by the marine bioogists that the reason they showed up further south than normal was because of the bad water conditions in Boracay. I am not sure but it seems that we are getting more pelagics in our area than ever before. I can't remember if I told you guys about our weird encounter with the spotted dolphins....that was freaky. It is good for us but seems strange.

why freaky?

@chip: it can go fast.

Back
Top Bottom