Suggestion Tampa bay sub-forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

dgiese01

New
Reaction score
Anybody in here live in the Tampa Bay area? I'm new to diving and am looking for a buddy or 5... My only friend who dives lives in GA so we can only dive together a few times a year. I'm getting a little sick of always being at the mercy of dive charters all the time.

I'm not into any specialty or difficult dives yet, I just want to log some nice easy dives for awhile until I get more comfortable and then the real fun can begin!

HI! My first post here so please forgive any mistakes in form!

I will be in St. Pete on March 18th thru the 25th and it looks like I'll be buddyless. Any suggestions and anyone up for some weekday dives? Any suggestions on dive boats or outfits that will hook me up with a dive buddy? I won't even have a car but will most likely be able to get a ride to where I have to go. The only diving I've done in the area was 2 years ago the Tri Ledge off B'ton/Sarasota and a failed attempt to find the Sugar Barge from shore. But now looking at an aerial map makes us laugh hysterically that we missed it. Guess I should have had that Nav course before that dive! ;-)

Anyway, any info would be appreciated! Also anyone know the water temp right now?

Myra
(sorry I don't have a snappy, sultry or quick witted nickname..... yet)

me2me2:
HI! My first post here so please forgive any mistakes in form!

I will be in St. Pete on March 18th thru the 25th and it looks like I'll be buddyless. Any suggestions and anyone up for some weekday dives? Any suggestions on dive boats or outfits that will hook me up with a dive buddy? I won't even have a car but will most likely be able to get a ride to where I have to go. The only diving I've done in the area was 2 years ago the Tri Ledge off B'ton/Sarasota and a failed attempt to find the Sugar Barge from shore. But now looking at an aerial map makes us laugh hysterically that we missed it. Guess I should have had that Nav course before that dive! ;-)

Anyway, any info would be appreciated! Also anyone know the water temp right now?

Myra
(sorry I don't have a snappy, sultry or quick witted nickname..... yet)

What days are you free to dive? No I don't know the temp. but will find out.

And hurry u need a name and a full profile so we can get to know you :) Anyway, welcome aboard.

Oh, and actually I like the name!

Ok, I think I updated the profile. Not much you can really learn from it though so if you have any questions just ask. I'm not an axe murderer or anything, yet anyway. My time will be completely open. My (former) step daughter will pick me up from the airport on Sat. @ 2:50 and drop me off again the following Sat. @ 7:15 pm. Those are my concrete plans in their entirety. My other (soft and flexible) plans are to swing a visit to see my parents in Ocala for one of the days I'm there and to spend another one, or part of one, south in Bradenton yelling at/helping my ex.

I wanted to know water temp since my heaviest wet suit is a 2.5 mil titanium. I don't think it will cut it in water temps in the 70's. I hate renting wet suits though. Always have that freshly pee'd in smell. Have everything else though, just need tanks and weights and a buddy or buddies and somewhere to dive.

Myra

I guess I should include myself in the "Buddyless in Tampa" catagory as well.
I'm generally open to just about any dive I can get involved in.
Prefer Spring diving (Gear gets rinsed throughout the dive) but will do salt water as well (Have hose and soaking barrel)
PM me if a more localized board gets started,or if an oportunity arises.
Brian

Okay lets see if we can put something together. Diving in Tampa, finally! If it allright with everyone I will do some checking today/tomorrow and let you know what I find. Brewone0to, I know you said you like the springs but can we do the saltwater this first time :D

I will get with Narcosis later as he said he was out today.

I called Sea Fox (the dive boat). Viz is good. Temp in the 70's. Peeps are wearing farmer johns so about 6ml for your core. Let me know if you guys are up for next weekend. Maybe Saturday?

Nobody wants to do the venice tooth dive with me ?? :pity_part

N@rco$i$:
Nobody wants to do the venice tooth dive with me ?? :pity_part

:pftroest: we love you. Do you have to do that dive? Can we do that the week after? Or whatever, we can go with you. I really just want to dive.

I have to go on the 18th, I committed to the other 2 people that are going. It's actually a cool dive.

I can do Sunday the 19th in the Tampa area. Anybody have any ideas. I would suggest the M60 tanks. I've got a boat, and we could probably get 4 or 5 divers and gear in safely. Springs are ok too, it's just there aren't any real close. I don't know of any beach dives anywhere around here, Anybody ??

I'm even game for tomorrow, I'd just need to get tanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom