Suggestion Tampa bay sub-forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

dgiese01

New
Reaction score
Anybody in here live in the Tampa Bay area? I'm new to diving and am looking for a buddy or 5... My only friend who dives lives in GA so we can only dive together a few times a year. I'm getting a little sick of always being at the mercy of dive charters all the time.

I'm not into any specialty or difficult dives yet, I just want to log some nice easy dives for awhile until I get more comfortable and then the real fun can begin!

scubafool:
:sprint: Between the conspiracy to make me max out the credit card buying beer and airfills and the random pipe beatings that seem to be occurring down there, I am not getting the warm fuzzies concerning diving with you guys.:sprint:

:pftroest:, feel better *miss batting eyelashes*

Now, where is that credit card? :14:

daniel f aleman:
I thought that "Tampa Bay Diving" was an oxymoron.
:D

Who let YOU in on the secret? :D

Shhh, you can't say anything out loud, lest you jinx us, diving has been decent, especially for here!

NetDoc:
By the way guys... any of you going to Weeki Wachee on Sunday? I'll be there and would love to meet you!
Is that dive just for the Vintage divers :06:
I only dive dependable gear.
oops,I meant modern gear.
Will the mermaids be accompanying the divers for this one,because that was VERY cool at New Years Eve party.
Brian

daniel f aleman:
I thought that "Tampa Bay Diving" was an oxymoron.
Even at it's worst,at the peak of Hurricane season,we don't have to go as far to find decent diving as you would to utilize that Ice Diver cert.:1poke:
But, Yes there are several decent dives in the gulf around Tampa Bay area.:mrcool:
Just last year wasn't so good.With the hurricanes,Red Tide,and general algae blooms Vis stayed pretty bad all season.:bawling:

I spoke with Netdoc over the weekend about this. He raises some valid points for not being as enthusiastic about a Tampa Sub-forum as we are. I'd still like to see one, but sometimes you just can't get everything you want in life.

Thank you everyone who supported this effort, I was really amazed at the tremendous response and the arguments this post raised. The two posts talking about the subject had a total of over 2400 views.

Just to be clear, Netdoc was not personally against a sub-forum, but after speaking with him I could understand the precident it would set, and the complexity and labor it could create for the board admins, etc.

Thanks again all

Dave.

Going out with Tanks-a-lot Saturday AM from Clearwater with my 2 sons (mom's in Jersey)... anyone else going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom