Suggestion Tampa bay sub-forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

dgiese01

New
Reaction score
Anybody in here live in the Tampa Bay area? I'm new to diving and am looking for a buddy or 5... My only friend who dives lives in GA so we can only dive together a few times a year. I'm getting a little sick of always being at the mercy of dive charters all the time.

I'm not into any specialty or difficult dives yet, I just want to log some nice easy dives for awhile until I get more comfortable and then the real fun can begin!

I'm in Riverview and also am a fairly inexperienced diver. I would be interested in doing a few local easy dives as well.

SemorBugs:
I would highly recommend the following dive shop. Telll Bert "Chet" sent you.:D

Tampa Adventure Sports
6402 E. FOWLER AVE.
TAMPA, FLORIDA 33617
BERT@TAMPAADVENTURESPORTS.COM

and would you be the same "Chet" that was listening to Pink Floyd while coming out of Devils Eye about 3 or 4 weeks ago and shared the tunes? Had OMS gear?

SemorBugs:
I would highly recommend the following dive shop. Telll Bert "Chet" sent you.:D

Tampa Adventure Sports
6402 E. FOWLER AVE.
TAMPA, FLORIDA 33617
BERT@TAMPAADVENTURESPORTS.COM

No Tell Bert Di sent you LOL

Yes.......I'm certified Finally! WOO HOO! and in Tampa area..........I've got a friend coming in at the end of the month who wants to dive....so thinking of taking him to crystal river...or I dont' know.....but Bert said he'd set up something if I give him the dates....

Also he's doing a cert class the week of March27...every day....to finish up by the end of the week if anyone is interested.........

dgieseo1, and all

I try to get out 2 or 3 times a month. I have my own boat at the mouth of the Anclote river (Tarpon Springs) I do spring and gulf diving. Anybody want to dive, let me know, I'm game. We should have a sub-catagory from the conch forum called TAMPA AREA or something.

BTW, this is my 100th post, do I get a pin or something,,,LOL

N@rco$i$:
dgieseo1, and all

I try to get out 2 or 3 times a month. I have my own boat at the mouth of the Anclote river (Tarpon Springs) I do spring and gulf diving. Anybody want to dive, let me know, I'm game. We should have a sub-catagory from the conch forum called TAMPA AREA or something.

BTW, this is my 100th post, do I get a pin or something,,,LOL

Here ya go :star:

I have been looking for people around here for forever. I am not crazy about the springs. As I am not cave certified they bore me to tears. Dunedin has a dive boat and my shop goes out of there often. I am always up for diving and also have no buddy. If a few want to get together I am certainly game.

Missdirected]Here ya go :star:

Thanks, I'll wear it proudly! LOL

In case you fellow Tampa bay people are interested, I'm in the process of trying to get the Admin's to create a "Tampa Bay area Divers" sub-forum in the Conch divers forum. See http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=133028.

I'm taking the boat out tomorrow to try diving the Pinellas M60 tanks, got a full boat or I'd invite everyone. I am driving down to Venice next weekend to try the beach shark tooth dive. (going both Sat and Sun) If anyone wants to make it an event, I've got room for one more in my car, and anybody else is free to follow me down. I may be able to convince one or more of the boards veteran Venice guys to come along too.

Also in Tampa and I fall under the buddiless diver category, and it isn't because I misplace them when I go diving...it is a big ocean, people can get lost!!

Seriously, I am always looking for an dive buddy.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom