• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Tank Boots, Boats and DIR

Discussion in 'DIR' started by do it easy, Feb 11, 2006.

1. SparticleBrane

SparticleBrane DIR Practitioner

If you put boots on your tanks and don't rinse them, they'll eventually end up looking like this, even if they're hot-dipped galvanized.

[​IMG]

Yes, the stuff on thet bottom of the tank in the middle is almost completely rust. :11:

2. BCSGratefulDiver

BCSGratefulDiver Mental toss flycoon ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    ... (never mind ... just realized this is an old topic) ...

3. Carribeandiver

Carribeandiver Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Interesting reading about what tanks are best for doubles BUT, regarding that boot on tank issue, I have a question.
    First, I hate tank boots, they take away from the appearance of the tank and get in the way. BUT, steel tanks are rounded so something is necessary to stand them up for gearing up, thus boots are necessary on steel. (For AL, I dont use em)
    Is everyone saying I should remove the boots after diving in sw? Or will a rinse clean them sufficiently?
    Last, is it best to lay the tanks down or stand them up when in storage? I pretty much always have them filled and I would guess that makes a difference.

4. Diesel298

Diesel298 Contributor

Hum.
    Thats a pointed statement.......

5. Cheekymonkey

Cheekymonkey I'm a Goofy Monkey

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    a good replacment for the bunjies on the boat are jus some old weight belts, weight belt releases hold doubles ot the side really well