Tank Equalizer for $2.50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm having an issue with the hose leaking where the hose (spg side) goes into the Granger fitting. Not a huge leak, but leaking just the same. Are you using the spg spool when using this arrangement?

No, don't use the swivel stem.

Of the dozen or so fittings I had 2 had defects that prevented a perfect seal. Are you using the one hose or two hose setup?

I use the swivel and have never tightened the JIC side of the fitting in an attempt to make a seal. In other words the swivel seals it for me. I've never had leaks.

Just ordered the part, i have a spare reg and hose just waiting for something like this! This is a great help, i'm instructing on a budget and was balking at getting a 150 dollar fill whip!

Fill stations arrived
$14.99 each
Hose
$33 (more than I expected)
Flushed the hose (6 k psi burst by the way)
18b7d915-4752-2e20.jpg

Took 40 Secs to set up on tanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

What type of hose fittings do each of the adapters use? Where did you get the hose?

Thanks.

I took the adapters to the shop, a gas/o-ring/gasket shop. I believe it was a NPT thread, we just pulled the fitting that fit and found a piece of scrap hose, and they pressed them on slicker than snot! If you take you adapters to the shop they will fit them I'm sure. HTH

Sorry for reviving old thread but I admit I am not tech savvy and would like to give this a try if I understand the procedure and can do it reasonably safely.

I have a 13 cf pony with a first and second stage with button gauge. I also have a HP80 tank and another regulator set with button guage. As I understand the above posts, I can disconnect the button gauges that attach to the high pressure ports, bridge the two ports with a separate HP hose with the Granger fitting, and top off my pony bottle. Is this correct and can I use a HP tank for this? Thanks,

Lisa

Last edited:
"Bridge the high pressure ports." I like the way you put it; that is exactly correct, Lisa. Now, as Herman pointed out you still must have a second stage or a pressure relief valve attached to each first stage. (Drysuit Inflation Accessories - Dive Gear Express) Most people with a pony have two complete regulator setups so you should have everything you need short of the fitting.

Thanks couv. I think I will give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom