Tank Protector Rubber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cruiser24

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Am curious to know if fellow Halcyon users do use the tank protector rubbers?

Mine are starting to dis-integrate and am thinking I will just simply remove them and do without them? Is there any issue with that?

Many thanks.

I am assuming that you are referring to the Octogrip pad that goes underneath the buckle. If so, there is no issue in removing them. Their purpose is to protect the tank from scratches that can be caused by the buckle.

Hi,

Am curious to know if fellow Halcyon users do use the tank protector rubbers?

Mine are starting to dis-integrate and am thinking I will just simply remove them and do without them? Is there any issue with that?

Many thanks.

Nope, but maybe that's the reason I keep getting more tanks..... :cool2:

I am assuming that you are referring to the Octogrip pad that goes underneath the buckle. If so, there is no issue in removing them. Their purpose is to protect the tank from scratches that can be caused by the buckle.

Yes am referring ot the Octogrip.. god to know that I can remove them. Many thanks.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 01:45 AM ----------

Nope, but maybe that's the reason I keep getting more tanks..... :cool2:

Many thanks Bob...:eek:k:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom