Tank REE Numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smorneau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a pair of LP95 tanks that I am trying to get a Hydro with a plus 10% rating. I found a shop willing to do it if I can get the REE #'s for the tank. Anyone have anyinfo on how to get this information?
DOT-3AA2400 B262119 GAV 11/94+
DOT-3AA2400 B262120 GAV 11/94+
Thanks

A WAG but given the serial numbers I think the cylinders were made by PST. That might help narrow your search.

Is there a list put out by PST listing the tanks?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Still looking for PST LP95 REE numbers.

I tried to pull someone into the discussion that might be able to help.

Recommendation: you can also take it to a hydrotester, not the LDS. And a Hydro shop might know this REE number, and will probably charge less than the dive shop. (see ME hydro shops) (Or PM this guy) Or check with you local FD as they use air tanks and regularly need them hydrotested. They may know where to get it done locally.

I don't believe this has your REE #, though you might check (CTC see PST Technical Bulletin: REE Values). But Darrell (aka ctcdg) has posted here on SB in the past.

The PST LP Series (LP-45, LP-80, LP-95, LP-104, LP-120) have a service pressure of 2400 psi, plus a 10% over fill to get the rated volume. These get a 5/3rds working pressure hydro test. And I believe the hydro facility is supposed to perform a pre-strech/round out procedure. This PST protocol is for their low pressure steels.

My LDS had been trying to track them down without any luck.

Have they tried calling PST directly? I know they are not making Scuba tanks anymore, but there may be someone left that could help.

Who are you using for your LDS? Maine Divers Scuba Center in Portland has their own hydro machine and they will + stamp a tank if they can get the REE number.

I have been calculating REE numbers for my steel 72's and they are all + stamped now. To calculate a precise REE number for a particular tank, I have been measuring the tank wall thickness with ultrasound measuring equipment.

I have the PST REE chart that has been floating around the net; it might be available at vintagedoublehose.com. However, I just looked at it and it does not cover LP95s; just older PST tanks including LP72s (3AA2250). I suspect some hydrotesting facilities will have the REE for your tanks. And you're sure it's not stamped on the tank itself? The faber LPs do usually have them.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have one old (1971) steel pst that I believe is a LP95 that I’m hoping to find a REE for it. My newer Faber 95s have a REE of 76 and I’ve seen other online notes for around 73-75, but none that are firm answers. Anyone have, know of, or have any leads to find this info?? I believe the hydro place will plus my pst and Norris old ‘72s, so this is the only one I can’t get plussed. Help!

Back
Top Bottom