Tank Valve On/Off Indicator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Red-green color blindness is the most common... they generally have difficulty distinguishing between reds, greens, browns and oranges."

that’s the same spectrum example i had based my previous post on; they can not be distinguished between each other chromaticly, but their apparent brightness differs? so you could not tell them apart individually, but if you saw them next to each there would be some bit of difference? still stands to indicate a need for a self check.

if that’s a misunderstanding on my part, then your prior post stands, and i retract my statement.

As can be stated on practically every piece of equipment....not sure why you quoted me....

I was just correlating the fact that my LDS added them to all of their tanks too.

Sorry Francis. Didn't know quoting you would be a big deal.

Red/Green are distinguishable to all forms of color blindness, that’s why they are commonly used for signage and signaling. Still agree you should do a full self check before splashing.

I also disagree with my personal experience. One of my closest friend is color blind. He can't recognize red and green. He can still understand traffic light because he knows RED is on top, green is at bottom.

that’s the same spectrum example i had based my previous post on; they can not be distinguished between each other chromaticly, but their apparent brightness differs? so you could not tell them apart individually, but if you saw them next to each there would be some bit of difference? still stands to indicate a need for a self check.

yes he can tell RED and GREEN apart by "brightness" if they are side by side, and he knows if he is dealing with read and green only. If you show him a random red card or green card, he won't know they are green or red, he just know they are different. I think by now, he can make a somewhat accurate guess.

As to those vindicator knobs, I like them a lot. They are bigger and easier to operate too. But at $15 a pop, I probably won't spend money on them. Is there cheaper alternative?

Holy Zombie fight!

You have to be pretty darned colorblind to not tell the difference on these valves.

It's a handy gadget. A casual look shows it's on or off. No one uses it to check their status on the boat. :bored:

I also disagree with my personal experience. One of my closest friend is color blind. He can't recognize red and green. He can still understand traffic light because he knows RED is on top, green is at bottom.
Unless you drive through a city while on vacation and they lights are all upside down! Happened to us when I was a kid. My dad stopped at all the green lights and ran all the red lights.:shocked:

It's a handy gadget. A casual look shows it's on or off. No one uses it to check their status on the boat. :bored:

Exactly, I know if my tank is on or off without it, but a DM sees it's green and leaves me alone. I only have one on my "boat diving" tank.

Bob

Last year the Jets played the Bills. Jets in Green-Buffalo in Retro Red. Watched with my r/g cb buddy. He had no idea what was going on. At all. A complete NFL joke. He left after 5 minutes.

Reactions: RJP

Back
Top Bottom