Tanks near Porteau Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Porteau Cove is more interesting with its diversity of wrecks and sealife. Getting a camping spot at Porteau or Alice Lake without reservations will be challenging for sure, its the busy time of year.
Mid week is a better bet to snag a spot at either.

If you have a camper I think the upper parking lot at Porteau is used for overflow,,,but there are no services ie.) water or hookup but there is a sewer dump past the check in booth.

Good luck and may see you diving at Porteau,,,don't forget to give the Leaning Tower of Porteau a pray for good viz when your by it ,LOL!

99north

As I have discovered in my limited experience (newbie and all) you will want to dive porteau at High tide as there is currently a 15-20' freshwater mix algae zone at the surface that obscures viz in the summer. Most of the park is < 60' so diving a low is not the best conditions. Otherwise great site.

Btw. Edge dives are great (free air!) Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom