Taxi Fare Increase is now official :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And what the hell does this diatribe have to do with my post?

Interesting use of the term dollarization, btw.

Dont' bother answering ----I'm gone.

Ask Ron Lee or Christi to explain it to you if it's over your head.

Mike covers it better than I could although I have not heard of a term he used "dollarization." .

Interesting use of the term dollarization, btw.
With a 16 trillion dollar deficit, and 1 trillion added every year when interest rates start to normalize The term de-dollarization may become the more popular one. If you live long enough you may see a day when a mexican cabbie won't touch a US dollar.

"No gracias senor your money is worthless"

Last edited:
This had been an interesting thread. Did I really read 19 pages? I always wondered why the All-inclusives in the south of the Island never had a shuttle service to town or to the wild side, even for a small fee for the week. I always assumed they didnt want you spending money somewhere else, but this really makes you understand why.

With a 16 trillion dollar deficit, and 1 trillion added every year when interest rates start to normalize The term de-dollarization may become the more popular one. If you live long enough you may see a day when a mexican cabbie won't touch a US dollar.

"No gracias senor your money is worthless"

All finally about to change. Vote early, vote often.
patriot.gif

All finally about to change. Vote early, vote often.
patriot.gif
No, it's not, irrespective of who wins the next election.

I love the taxistas in Cozumel. What a delight to let someone else drive. No parking or trouble finding that new restaurant.Even with a 20% increase the prices are reasonable. Of course I never stay further south than the El Presidente. Even from there walking to town is feasible. It would take likely fifty bucks to get to town and back from dinner from the southern resorts.

Dang, that's a long walk from the Presidente to town, especially at night in the dark. If it's $50 bucks from the southern hotels to town, it's a no-brainer to choose a rental car instead. I wonder if the taxi rate increase will spill over into rental car increases also?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom