TDI Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyNZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A quick question. Can a TDI Advanced Nitrox instructor issue a TDI Nitrox certification?

I'm doing an Advanced Nitrox instructor course in a couple of weeks, and wondering whether I can/need to an administrative crossover of my PADI Nitrox instructor in addition to completing the Advanced Nitrox instructor course. Or does the latter include the ability to teach basic Nitrox?

Thanks.

I'm sure Steve will answer this better than I. But PADI Nitrox is not the same as TDI Nitrox and does not cross over equally. However, if you are an Advanced Nitrox instructor, you should be able to do a crossover. AN instructors cannot issue Basic Nitrox c-cards unless they are Basic Nitrox instructors.

A quick question. Can a TDI Advanced Nitrox instructor issue a TDI Nitrox certification?

I'm doing an Advanced Nitrox instructor course in a couple of weeks, and wondering whether I can/need to an administrative crossover of my PADI Nitrox instructor in addition to completing the Advanced Nitrox instructor course. Or does the latter include the ability to teach basic Nitrox?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure as an advanced nitrox instructor you can teach basic nitrox.

A TDI Advanced Nitrox instructor is qualified to teach a TDI Nitrox course, but they have to register as a nitrox instructor to be certified to teach it!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom