tech training in PI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok thanks. There are plenty of options out there. I'm not to concerned with what agency I get training through, but after researching online, I think I'll do TDI or IANTD. I have been emailing David Joyce about those courses you've mentioned.

just completed my TDI's (Advanced Nitrox, Deco Procedures, and Extended Range) with Mark Cox at Sabang, Puerto Galera.
Great instructor who really loves diving.

heard that Alex Santos of Philippine Technical Divers (IANTD) is also good. from what i've heard, he does trainings for the Philippine Coast Guards.

might be worth a call.

Another reco for Matt Reed at Evolution Diving. Great instructor, fantastic place (Malapascua island), you will get a great course in an absolutely incredible location. Matt dives CCRs, does a lot of real life tech diving, and is a very good and thorough instructor. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks to those of you who've suggested myself and Evolution for training. We certainly aim to give thorough training from instructors who actually tech dive outside of the classes they teach; and we offer everything up to Advanced Trimix instructor training and CCRs

Anyone who's interested in what we include in the classes can just email us. We'll send over our preprepared tech info sheets with all you need to know about the classes from prerequisites to how much fun you're going to have on a scale of 1-10 :)

Hey, thanks for the input. I have been in contact with evolution (David Joyce) already and have discussed the Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures course. I just have to figure out when I'll be able to make the trip. Thanks again for the recommendations and I'm really looking for to getting started.

brew77: here's some very amateurish video I took during a couple of dives with Matt Reed on a nice little Japanese WWII wreck I did during my visit to Malapascua when I did a trimix course with Matt. On the same trip, I did a lot of dives (not part of the course) just for fun.

In the video, I edited out removable artifacts and human remains so that people won't know where on the wreck to find them (so they don't take the artifacts, and so they don't have any opportunity to disrespect the human remains . . . it is a war grave, after all). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSjp29sC_LU

Sorry, but you can't see the video on a mobile phone because the music I added is under tight copyright restrictions, but they'll let you watch it on a personal computer.

My apologies for the poor quality of the video, but it gives you an idea of what the wreck is like. Enjoy your training and try to make time for non-training dives because Malapascua has a lot of great diving opportunities -- wrecks, reefs, big animals, macro muck diving, etc.

Thanks Makhno and Matt. Great videos!!! It looks like loads of fun, can't wait!!! I've always been fascinated by wrecks. Awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom