Technical diving? you're gonna die!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nereas:
You can get any facts that you need from C D N N . c o m .
You went from having zero credibility to going into the negative.

Carribeandiver:
... I have chosen to take as much training as I can from the best instructors I can find. I want to learn about technical diving, cavern and cave diving and beyond. My yen to learn is not because I wish to swim 15,000 feet into a cave at 180 feet in depth but because I know if I have the knowledge and training to do those dives safely, I will be a better diver, safer for me and my teammates...
Well put... My Rescue instructor (also a caver for many, many years) had the exact same sentiments. He didn't get into technical diving originally, to make 1000 foot horizontal U/W jaunts, but rather to improve his recreational diving. Just so happened he enjoyed the technical diving as well...

nereas:
Yah she wants facts. Facts according to the legal definition (evidence) are:

testimony
observations first hand
laws of science
mathematical calculations

I am sure she did not know that, but that is what she wants.

C D N N is a good read too! It has a report about the most recent CCR death as well.
:popcorn: Bets anyone?

nereas:
Yah she wants facts. Facts according to the legal definition (evidence) are:

testimony
observations first hand
laws of science
mathematical calculations

I am sure she did not know that, but that is what she wants.

C D N N is a good read too! It has a report about the most recent CCR death as well.

Ha I knew it
:shakehead

JeffG:
My thinking is that if you know that your tissues have too much inert gas in them vs not having enough...the chances of getting bent are a little bit higher. Call me crazy...but it sounds more plausible to me :wink:

Jeff,

That is an awesome avatar. Where do you get that?

RAD Diver:
But she does not drive a F1 car, Speed Channel shows all the F1 shows.

And as far as Tech diving causing your death, my wife wont want to hear that as I am getting into doubles & getting ready for Adv. Nitrox/Deco now & the only way it is going to kill me is if she does it herself from all the new gear I am buying.

Exactly!

If you read the latest DAN report, there weren't that many TEC fatalities, especially in light of how many TEC dives were probably done that year.

Statistically, you have a much higher chance of getting killed in the first few months of TEC diving from your spouse, when they see the equipment and training cost, than you probably do diving.

CCR (which I know nothing about yet) and all other diving doesn't kill you. Mistakes do, which puts the onus on the diver's training and mental concentration. Just like guns and cars, they're safe when used properly and in the correct manner...

Dr. Bones:
Exactly!

If you read the latest DAN report, there weren't that many TEC fatalities, especially in light of how many TEC dives were probably done that year.

Statistically, you have a much higher chance of getting killed in the first few months of TEC diving from your spouse, when they see the equipment and training cost, than you probably do diving.

CCR (which I know nothing about yet) and all other diving doesn't kill you. Mistakes do, which puts the onus on the diver's training and mental concentration. Just like guns and cars, they're safe when used properly and in the correct manner...

Sort of what Chickdiver is saying ... with about the same amount of documentation.

Apparently I am dead as I have been killed (those ba@#*^ds)
So I can't comment.

But it seems to me that the same risks sighted here can occur at any time in any form of diving to some degree?????

nereas:
Do you personally know of any CCR divers who have died while CCR diving?

Yes. Unfortunately. I also knew a CCR diver diver who died diving OC. I also know a CCR diver who died of Glandular fever.

That help?

:knob:

Edit. The OP asked an honest question. You are simply trolling.

BTW, anyone know where the smiley for that particular concatenation of circumstances can be found.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom