Tek 2 Tek - How to join?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi Guys,

The Tek2Tek area is pretty quiet.. and I think I know why. It's not clear how to join.

The forum description says you have to be approved by a forum leader, but doesn't identify who those are, or how specifically you should apply.

I can understand why the forum is private membership... but not why I have to play detective to apply for membership.

Can we explain the process more clearly... and better publicise who the forum leaders are please??

Go to User CP and select Group Memberships, then tick Tek 2 Tek and click the Join button at the bottom of the page

John (Cave Diver) is listed as the forum leader

Thanks,

Would be good if those directions were spelled out somewhere in the forum description... might get more peeps joining up...

John has been posting but doesn't seem to have been checking applications lately - I'm not sure how the notification system works

The other thing that could be contributing to the lack of activity is that you need to be Trimix, CCR or hard overhead (Wreck/Cave) certified to join

So people who 'only' have say GUE Tech 2, or Decompression Procedures/Extended Range are not elligible

we've been talking about relaxing those requirements. give john a day or two & he'll get back to y'all.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've only been online intermittently the past week and just saw this thread.

The forum description has been re-written to include a link for those unfamiliar with adding usergroups. As indicated above, the group has been discussing relaxing the initial entrance requirements to accommodate a wider range of technical certs.

There has been a large spike in join requests recently and I've been going through and verifying them in blocks. They do not appear on my pending list in any sort of discernible sequence either by date or alphabetical order. I've been clearing them in the order they appear and just got done clearing a large block of requests. I'll be clearing some more later this evening.

If anyone fails to provide indication of certification levels & agency with their request I've been reviewing posting history, which has delayed processing of a few people as well. All the current requests should be reviewed by the end of this week.

John has been posting but doesn't seem to have been checking applications lately - I'm not sure how the notification system works

The other thing that could be contributing to the lack of activity is that you need to be Trimix, CCR or hard overhead (Wreck/Cave) certified to join

So people who 'only' have say GUE Tech 2, or Decompression Procedures/Extended Range are not elligible

fyi, GUE Tech 2 = Trimix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom