temporary dive flag tattoo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine was temporary. I was out on my first ever boat dive. I had a bad wetsuit squeeze problem and had to abort the dive. I sat out the second dive sacked out on the deck while using my bag as a cushion. As I lay there, I didn't worry that my arm was laying across my chest while I toasted in the Carolina sun. When I was done, I got up and found that I had sunburned a nice dive flag onto my chest with a red outline and a white stripe. The tan lasted well into the Fall that year, but the memory remains.

Crap! it's only a dive flag...get a friend to take a red sharpie and draw one!!!

:)Get the real thing, just make sure you've got a good artist, it doesn't hurt much... Just sort of tickles a little bit. I've been wanting to get a dive-related tat for a while, but when you get one, it keeps you out of the water for a week or two :(

1381862_556358867751893_1153381744_n.jpg Here is mine. They do hurt but well worth it. Make sure it's something that means a lot to you if you get a real one. I have 4 to date and all have a lot of meaning to me.

Permanent tats are like marriage. Noone gets married planning to divorce. But when you get tired, bored or fedup with your choice, its orders of magnitude more hassle to get rid of.

Hannas or other such are like friends with benefits...just a lot of fun and no attachment.

As someone who is covered more than 30% in tattoos, I say please don't just go get a dive flag tattoo. Most of them look bad and I suspect a lot of people regret them a few years down the line.

IF you live the "scuba life" or it's a major factor in your life, a dive flag tattoo might be a good choice but generally speaking I think most of us fall out of that group of people.

If you DO decide that a permanent option is the right choice for you, take your time finding a good artist that has clean lines (meaning not "wiggly") and good color applications that you like. Design something unique and please don't just do a flag (no offense to those with just a flag) do something more. Make it more specific to your own diving choices and experiences and it will be something you like for a long long time.

As for temporary tattoo options, sharpies are great. We used to do that with my daughter when she was younger every summer. She'd come up with a design and I'd sharpie it onto her and it would last anywhere from a week to 3 weeks, depending upon how much time she spent in the water. I also know a lot of tattoo artists who do this for people, though they do generally charge some nominal fee for it.

Wow, I love to dive but if I ever put a flag on my body it will not be a dive flag. I think no tattoos or defacement. The henna will wear off in a few days and no memory of it in few more.

N

Tattoos just make ugly people uglier ,unbeknown to them it doesnt make them cool either. Be that's just my opinion :D:D
Although ,ONE TIME, I did see an attractive woman at the beach that had a flowering vine that wraped around her torso that looked good.
Do yourself a favor and stick with the temporary Tattoo :)

I am sure after 5 years the OP has either found the temporary one and it is long faded or has a permanent one, if they are still happy with it or not is the question.:D

Back
Top Bottom