Temps in CZM during June/July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been offered a stay in Cozumel doing some house sitting during the last week in June and into July until the 4th. Problem is the apt. has no A/C and I am worried it may be too hot to really get any sleep. The owner is used to it, so she says it won't be a problem. I seem to be more prone to problems with sleeping than my wife. I just can't seem to sleep when I am laying there all soaking wet with sweat.
I was wondering what max temps might be expected during that time. I know from past experience down there that it is almost alway humid, but I don't have enough time down there to know what kind of temps to expect in that time frame. Anyone have any info or websites to find historical data on temps?

Use the underground weather website and put some dates for last year and you will see what the temp and Humidity range was for each date ....good luck w/o AC...being from Phoenix, AZ we have very little humidity with our heat
and the humidity the end of April in the evening felt high to us.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/76649.html

AZ divers

thanks.

I didn't know about the history part of wonderground.

Two words...Hot-Humid....if the windows face east, you can get the tradewinds in the evening. I would however, go to Wal-mart and buy a long curcular floor based tube fan. Those work best as you will get air flow directly accross the room, instead of those metal cieling fans down here that barely push the hot air from top of room...Then when your done, I will gladly buy it from you.....Peace

Hey Rick... If you do your research, and decide that it's just going to be tooooo humid for you, I'll be a good friend and suffer in your place in Coz. Just give me the word.
Foo

hey diverrick ~ a couple of considerations that might help with your decision
1) june/early july is really the first part of our "tropical" season so you could end up with perfectly hot and dry weather the entire time.
2) If you plan to spend your time outside during the day, then as you go home in the evenings you will "acclimate" to this cycle [of no ac]in the first couple of days to where your body will feel comfortable in the cooler evenings even without AC.
3) You may want to consider "making like a local" and hanging in a hammock to sleep ~ it's a cooler option sometimes that a flat bed

From your post, sounds like you're not convinced to come yet but my vote would be to take advantage of any FREE opportunity to be here on the island AC or not !! Just consider it an adventure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom