Testing Tanks for CO - Redux

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has been split from another in this forum due to a lengthy off-topic discussion from the original thread topic. Marg, ScubaBoard moderator

Since you brought up the bad air possibilities in a PM, I'll answer that here. CO tainted tanks have been a worldwide problem to some extent, with Coz being no worse than other Caribbean locations overall probably - but I helped bust their problems simply because I was diving Coz more than anywhere else when I got into that exploration. I'm sure they're trying harder overall now, lots of compressors now have inline CO monitors - that can be use incorrectly sure but still, but the answer to that one is the easiest: It doesn't matter whom you dive with or where, use the link in my Sig below to rent a tank tester and check every tank. It's 30 seconds per tank so watch your second counter on your watch, but just do it - like I did every tank last week. Cheapest option for your entire trip probably.

BTW, the reason they are doing better is that they know that some of us are testing, AND will report them in detail if we find tainted tanks. Do post if you do. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dandy! That tester sounds like it's well worth renting or purchasing. Will do that.

SPB, the CO tester is a good idea for any trip, and renting is a great option for the once or twice a year vacation diver. You do need to learn how to test & field calibrate, but it's not hard.

I keep this on my Favorites. Use as a refresher. Towards end explains the quote function.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ho...video-how-use-wysiwyg-editor-row-2-icons.html
Interesting. It's really just a matter of learning how to use the [/QUOTE] and
controls, then Go Advanced or Preview to see how it worked & looks.

SPB, the CO tester is a good idea for any trip, and renting is a great option for the once or twice a year vacation diver. You do need to learn how to test & field calibrate, but it's not hard.

Are we going to get a blow by blow tank report?

DD tested every tank. I was hoping he would list the results of the testing.

Or just dive with a dive op with a quality tank fill operation.

What does this mean?
I don't know? I had all 0 ppm CO tanks last week, but they know about me so I imagine they watch out for me and my tester. And I like my dive Op too.

DD tested every tank. I was hoping he would list the results of the testing.
Did you see Alison watching me test the tanks on her boat. She certainly didn't seem to mind.

Or just dive with a dive op with a quality tank fill operation.
Fail. False logic. Uneducated opinion. Sorry...

Were you testing the tanks while they were on the boat, or before they were loaded?

Were you testing the tanks while they were on the boat, or before they were loaded?
I had to test onboard, while moving - but no cabin so no stationwagon effect. I calibrated up front, then went back where the tanks were.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom