TG4 setup advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fletch_boy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm seeking advice for my next purchase for my TG4, in particular, lighting.

I bought my TG4 for a trip to Afghanistan before I took up diving. When I returned I started diving and coincidentally I already had a decent entry level underwater camera. After tag teaming the TG4 and GoPro on a few dives I decided I prefered the TG4 for the beneift of stills and video. It wasn't long before I bought a Meikon tray (picture attached) and PT056 housing.

On recent dive to to the SS Yongala I borrowed a friends 2500lumen video light and was happy with it at close range but as soon as I was more than 1m from the subject the light was lacking.

My options I am considering are as follows:
1. Video light and strobe
2. Twin video lights; thinking 6000lumenish

Considerations: I am defeinately more into videography that photography, and I am highly likely to upgrade equipment as funds permit and skill level increases.

The question: Should I buy to overkill video lights knowing eventually I will upgrade the camera and can I still take good stills using video lights as opposed to a strobe?

Attachments

• Meikon tray.jpg
    Meikon tray.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 44

Back
Top Bottom